Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advice on which FiST I should purchase!!!

For a fun/weekend/non daily, I wouldn't even look at non recaro cars.

I have a base car, wish I had recaros but I was worried about being comfortable on my 150 mile commute.
I bought a 2017 with recaros for a DD, and my commute is 144 miles per day. I couldn't be happier with the seats. Yes, even in stop and go traffic. I'm medium build and average height at 150 lbs, so your mileage may vary...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

cxwrench

What on earth would you commute 144mi a day for? I hope it pays really well. My commute is 6mi and sometimes the traffic pisses me off. [}(]

What on earth would you commute 144mi a day for? I hope it pays really well. My commute is 6mi and sometimes the traffic pisses me off. [}(]
Yep, love what I do, it's worth the commute. Especially since I drive the best commuter car the world has ever seen. Can't move, wife works and kids are in school with their long term friends. Actually, this job and its commute prompted me to buy the FiST.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #47
So yet another complete and utter change of plans, just finished placing an order for a 2018 FiST in platinum white with nothing but the Recaro package with Phil Long Ford in Denver. Ended up at $20,850 out the door. Can't beat that with a STICK!!!

Every other dealer I spoke with (over a dozen all over the country the last couple weeks) stated ordering a 2018 FiST was no longer possible. I shared that with the guys at Phil Long and they said that's total BS, and proceeded to place my order today! WOO HOO!!! Should be here in 8-ish weeks!!! [wiggle]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So yet another complete and utter change of plans, just finished placing an order for a 2018 FiST in platinum white with nothing but the Recaro package with Phil Long Ford in Denver. Ended up at $20,850 out the door. Can't beat that with a STICK!!!

Every other dealer I spoke with (over a dozen all over the country the last couple weeks) stated ordering a 2018 FiST was no longer possible. I shared that with the guys at Phil Long and they said that's total BS, and proceeded to place my order today! WOO HOO!!! Should be here in 8-ish weeks!!! [wiggle]
More like 12 weeks at least. I orderd mine mid March did not get my build date till the end of April amd my build date is next week. I am expecting delivery in 2nd or third week of June.

oh and congrats on the price.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
You don't buy a Ford for its resale value... at least now anyway. Maybe in the future that may change.

Make your decision on the feature package. Personally, I "must" have a hole in the roof. The Ricky seats were over priced and uncomfortable to me, but I'd rather have the hole and would just adapt to the seats. (preferably not over a straight three to five hour drive home - but I've tolerated far worse)

............... the headrest sucks (non adjustable tilting, only up and down). ............. it is angled to push your head forward. I am a taller guy 6 3" ................. seats were awesome, .................., but man that headrest has a weird angle .....................
It's not just you. ALL the flip'n head rests are that way... mostly because the seats are designed for a fat and happy (a.k.a. recliner) position, and for whiplash safety. The older and more out-of-shape (read: hunched over) I get, the less I notice it.

for me, housing prices is a large part on why I commute 150 miles per day.
Counting the $$$, I'd ask:

At 150 miles a day, $3/gal on gas, 30MPG, you'd be paying $15/day on gas; 250 days of work in a year; that's $3750 on gas for 37500 miles a year.
After ~5 years, you've not only paid almost $20k on gas, but will also need to pay ~$20k for a new car.
Is your home worth ~$7-10k more every year, compared to one that is, say, 10 miles from your work?

Test drove a base model in black. Then we tried sitting in one with Recaros. But the wife found them too snug. Found a better deal on 2017 Orange Spice w/navigation, sunroof, and black rims on cargurus. I say buy the one with the best discount. Paid less for mine. Than what the local dealer wanted for the base model in black.

Counting the $$$, I'd ask:

At 150 miles a day, $3/gal on gas, 30MPG, you'd be paying $15/day on gas; 250 days of work in a year; that's $3750 on gas for 37500 miles a year.
After ~5 years, you've not only paid almost $20k on gas, but will also need to pay ~$20k for a new car.
Is your home worth ~$7-10k more every year, compared to one that is, say, 10 miles from your work?
I work in DC, a house identical to what I have including the land it's on would be 4x the price.

Not just housing prices for me though, everything is cheaper like day care (150 per week vs 400), personal property and fuel.

where are these deals at?
im checking a 1000 miles out from ohio and i havent come even close to those prices, even for a 17.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #55
More like 12 weeks at least. I orderd mine mid March did not get my build date till the end of April amd my build date is next week. I am expecting delivery in 2nd or third week of June.

oh and congrats on the price.
Not really. Mine is being built June 25th, a month after I ordered it. Should be here end of June/beginning of July. Cobb stage 3 will be here Tuesday and installed as soon as I can get 500-ish miles racked up!!! [wiggle]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not really. Mine is being built June 25th, a month after I ordered it. Should be here end of June/beginning of July. Cobb stage 3 will be here Tuesday and installed as soon as I can get 500-ish miles racked up!!! [wiggle]
Do not expect a week delivery. Lol, if your car is indeed being bult on June 25th then you could see it mid to late July if your lucky. It goes on a rail car in Southern Mexico and enters the U..S. Through Texas. Though its not a constant run. Trains stop along they way dropping vehicles at different stops.Sometimes the train sits in Mexico for up to a week. This is going on right now with my car. Its possibly sitting at the border waiting for customs to do the entry work. Once in the U.S. vehicles get redistrubuted to trains going to specifc regions of the U.S. You are in New Mexico which means the delivery would be faster. Though I remember you saying you ordered your car out a dealer in Colorado So that could skew the delivery time.

You definitely will not get delivery from Mexico to your dealer one week after the build.

Sit in both, it's worth the trip when you're about to drop 20k on something. You could always swap in aftermarket seats on the base model as well down the line.

Our factory order took 6 months.

Recaros are hands down the better seat. That's after owning both. The cloth seats are very flat and uncomfortable.

If they weren't worth it, the forum wouldn't be filled with "wtb recaro seats" threads.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #60
Sit in both, it's worth the trip when you're about to drop 20k on something. You could always swap in aftermarket seats on the base model as well down the line.
Yeah I already ordered the car with Recaros and nothing else (well, other than the up-charge for Platinum White paint). Car is scheduled to be built June 25th. [wiggle]

Recaros are hands down the better seat. That's after owning both. The cloth seats are very flat and uncomfortable.

If they weren't worth it, the forum wouldn't be filled with "wtb recaro seats" threads.
Yeah that was my thinking as well. I knew if I didn't get them, I'd always want them. But if got them and hated them, I'd have no problem finding someone to swap with to get base seats. Can't imagine that'll happen though. I've heard they break in real nice, even for us bigger guys. [biggrin]