Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air Conditioner Clicking

hi,
i recently noticed a very obnoxious clicking sound almost all the time when my air conditioner is turned on. i thought it may be the blend door actuator they everybody has issues with, but i’m not sure. it’s a quiet fast clicking. it seems to only happen when the fan is on low, but the fan might just be to loud to hear it when it’s turned on high. i’m not sure what could be causing the issue. might it be the electronics? i don’t have any mods done to the car and haven’t had any issues otherwise

FJ16

Blend door is quite loud, so you're probably right that it's not the culprit here. Does the clicking increase with fan speed? If so, it sounds like a fan bearing is bad (in general, I'm not familiar enough with this specific car's issues to say for sure).

SrsBsns

If it is the blend door, it will happen regardless of fan speed, regardless of any other settings.

Mine have gone bad a few times and they click frequently, even after I turn the car off.

They're loud clicks, about 1/2 second apart and you get about 10 of them at a time.

If yours doesn't sound like that, I would think it was something else in the system.

OP
X
Thread Starter #4
Blend door is quite loud, so you're probably right that it's not the culprit here. Does the clicking increase with fan speed? If so, it sounds like a fan bearing is bad (in general, I'm not familiar enough with this specific car's issues to say for sure).
it stays the same despite fan speed as far as i can tell
If it is the blend door, it will happen regardless of fan speed, regardless of any other settings.

Mine have gone bad a few times and they click frequently, even after I turn the car off.

They're loud clicks, about 1/2 second apart and you get about 10 of them at a time.

If yours doesn't sound like that, I would think it was something else in the system.
yeah, it’s definitely not the blend door. it’s a very fast, but quiet clicking. it doesn’t stop until i turn the AC off