Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air vent pod question

Thinking about getting a boost gauge and putting in the air vent. When Im sitting in the drivers seat the steering wheel covers the pod. Is that how everyone's is? Workaround ideas?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thinking about getting a boost gauge and putting in the air vent. When Im sitting in the drivers seat the steering wheel covers the pod. Is that how everyone's is? Workaround ideas?
Yeah....Alot of people use their Gauge setup on the Cobb AP3. Can be setup to run up to 6 gauges at the saMe time. Also buying a AP3 holder just like Cobbs...except its a lot cheaper from Razzter.com. good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Thanks i do run that to when I'm going out for a spirited drive but not otherwise since I'm forgetful and have had one stolen from my car already.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks i do run that to when I'm going out for a spirited drive but not otherwise since I'm forgetful and have had one stolen from my car already.
Don't leave it in your car...leave it with your wallet on the table when you enter your house. Do you ever leave without your wallet? I NEVER DO...if I forget it I drive back and get it. Just a creative way to always have it on you. If I think im in a sketchy area I just plop it in my pocket. Enjoy!

the duke

I have the ATI. It's not too bad if you use the center vents. Half the time my hand/steering wheel are in the way of the OEM drivers vent anyways. I will say I rarely if ever use my AC however, so if it's super hot (Texas, Nevada) I would re-consider the ATI pod.

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
I have the ATI. It's not too bad if you use the center vents. Half the time my hand/steering wheel are in the way of the OEM drivers vent anyways. I will say I rarely if ever use my AC however, so if it's super hot (Texas, Nevada) I would re-consider the ATI pod.
Okay thanks Im gonna get it and see how it looks. I barely use my ac so I'm not worried about that.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
FYI, if you apply one of those large metal plates for a phone to the back of the AP, you can stick it to ANY type dash or vent phone holder w/magnets in it. That gives you endless possibilities. It will still fit the Cobb holster.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
FYI, if you apply one of those large metal plates for a phone to the back of the AP, you can stick it to ANY type dash or vent phone holder w/magnets in it. That gives you endless possibilities. It will still fit the Cobb holster.
This ^

Or get an a-pillar mount and use thicker tape than what's provided, it'll prevent rattling if your roads are :poop:

Yeah. I have a manual boost gauge in the driver's side vent. With how I sit in the seat the steering wheel normally covers 1/3rd of the gauge. I've played around with it a little bit and if I want to see the full spectrum vacuum to boost you can rotate the gauge about 90degrees counterclockwise. I did that for a little while but ended up just putting the gauge with a normal orientation. I normally only look at the gauge when cruising and I almost never look down when driving spirited so it works for me.

Don't leave it in your car...leave it with your wallet on the table when you enter your house. Do you ever leave without your wallet? I NEVER DO...if I forget it I drive back and get it. Just a creative way to always have it on you. If I think im in a sketchy area I just plop it in my pocket. Enjoy!

Ha, I have literally never taken my AP3 off the dash since install.