Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeeking noise from climate control. Can't direct air to different vents

So as I click different bottoms on the climate control for feet face defrost etc. I get this squeeging noise as the car trya to divert air. But it just keeps coming out towards the top (face) vents. Some times there's also a large popping noise at the end of this attempt. 66,000 miles.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
So as I click different bottoms on the climate control for feet face defrost etc. I get this squeeging noise as the car trya to divert air. But it just keeps coming out towards the top (face) vents. Some times there's also a large popping noise at the end of this attempt. 66,000 miles.
It may be your blend door actuator going out. There's a little motor, an actuator, that moves the HVAC doors around to direct the air different places. A more typical sign of failure is a clicking or whacking noise, but you did mention that there is a popping noise.The plastic gears in the motor strip out, and it keeps trying to turn which is what makes the noise.I had that particular actuator go out on my car, it's behind the steering wheel somewhere.Here is the long thread on this issue which covers it in depth, good luck.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...cking-sound-part-numbers-video-install.22458/