Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Amsoil Boosted motor oil

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Probably expensive but I would be curious how it runs. I use Mobil 1 a couple times a season and I've had good luck.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Motor oil is motor oil.....but it all comes down to the details of what is in the ingredients. That's what really matters. If you want to see how well your Oil is performing you must get a Blackstone oil report. That will set you free.

LILIKE16ST

Oil is oil? Terrible advice. This and Ford telling people 10k mile oil change intervals are OK is why these ecoboost engines have issues at higher miles sometimes. Oil Def matters as does the OCI

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #8
I did email Amsoil on this and they said the signature series was still a better oil than their "Boosted" for turbo gdi

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Their Sig Series IS their top of the line, using the best Group 4/PAO base stocks (and maybe even a bit of Group 5/POE ones as well), and a very premium, strong anti-wear, friction reducing, and anti-oxidant/high TBN additive package.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’m sure it’s got the GF6 rating, which is an improvement over SN Plus for preventing LSPI, so should be good 👍
They were one of the first of the 'boutique' brands to even tout their top oil line's ability to stave off LSPI (when this was first brought up as a concern, WAY before the GF6 ratings were a thing, maybe even before the Dexos 2 ratings), due to it's very low volatility numbers.