Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another day of crushing the competition!

I just got home from another Tirerack track night in America event at Palmer Motorsport park. This time it was dry, but in the low 80's so I wasn't sure how long is be able to run hard without overheating. They let me run with all windows down so I cranked the heat and ran hard each session without over heating finally. I've got the mishimoto radiator and oil cooler waiting to install just haven't had a chance to get to it.

Not having to slow down every other lap really showed how the FiST can devastate much more powerful "sports cars"! I was running down M4's & M3's, porsche's, couple corvettes, mustangs, you name it and the FiST pretty much ate them up! Of course mine is full mountune stage 3 and was running an E20 tune today so it's not a stock FiST, but still... As for suspension I run the mountune springs with a TB performance 2 point front brace and rear torsion bar. OZ ultraleggerras with ADVAN A048R tires in a 215/40x17. Also Wilwood BBK up front and Ferodo DS2500 pads in rear and stainless lines all around. Without going crazy on setup and riding better than stock, this car just amazes me and lots of other people.

Had a serious "moment" though when a turbo'd BRZ went off the track right in front of me. Already sliding into the turn and maneuvering around bouncing/rolling tires was not what I wanted to do but the FiST maintained control even past the limit and got me through.

[video=vimeo;172053543]https://vimeo.com/172053543[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRZ: "its all about the fun factor!!!!!" (all the way into the tires).

Fiesta: "nope, nope, nope, all the nope!"

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, no flag from the guy at the top of the hill before entering, but it did just happen... Can;t tell from the video but the ass end of the FiST got pretty happy when I had to suddenly turn in more when it was already starting to pivot. Main thing going through my mind was "DON'T LIFT, JUST STEER".

Waterfan

Great post. Got me thinking the "embarrassment factor" could actually be calculated in dollars:

(Car cost + mods cost + track day running costs, e.g. M3, 911, Vette, etc) - (Fiesta ST cost + mods cost + track day running costs) / # seconds Fiesta ST behind.*

In the case where you are seconds ahead, change the "divide by" to "multiply by" :)

haste

1000 Post Club
Yarp, FiST is a beast. I ran at VIR with stage 3 bolt-ons and dunlop direzza star spec II tires and had people asking me "what's in that thing!?". Everything else is stock on it.

Guy in a e46 m3 said I was the only one to pass him the whole weekend.

I've got a X-37 coming and I can't WAIT to get back out on track with it and destroy some mofos.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #8
Notice the 3 wheel action!

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #9
Funny you mention all the people coming up and asking what you did. I had the same thing happening! A bunch of random guys thinking it was a focus ST and never heard of the FiST. they couldn't believe a 1.6T was not only passing them, but pulling away so quickly. As is the balance on it is unreal for any car. Unbelievable for a front driver!!!

Siestarider

Nice of the BRZ to leave the apex open and marked by tires both sides:). Could not tell, were they still moving when you came on them? Great one to have pics of with no damages to you.

I believe this is the same "Track Night" series run by SCCA I am attending next week.

Anyone who tracks a Fiesta ST will get those questions in the pits. I answer "lighter wheels make a remarkable difference". Thanks to Cobb S3.

Bye the bye, did your Sico rear brake kit ever come in? Does it remove the E brake function?

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #11
The rear brake kit is finally on its way. Got the tracking # earlier this week. It doesn't affect the parking brake at all since it the same caliper, just a different bracket and larger rotor.

Waterfan

Funny you mention all the people coming up and asking what you did. I had the same thing happening! A bunch of random guys thinking it was a focus ST and never heard of the FiST. they couldn't believe a 1.6T was not only passing them, but pulling away so quickly. As is the balance on it is unreal for any car. Unbelievable for a front driver!!!

It's ridiculous how many people completely ignore weight/torque band and focus (pun not intended) only on peak HP. The main reason the FiST is such a shock to the psyche is because it is literally hundreds of pounds lighter than anything else considered as a "sports car" (OK, technically, the Twins and Cayman are in it's weight class)

Every bit of power added to such a tiny car makes a much bigger relative impact. and same story with every pound lost (lighter wheels, remove spare, etc.)