Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Fiesta 30 years later

Hi all

Pleased to join the Fiesta community.

Back in 1994 my old man bought me a sky blue Mk 2 Fiesta as my first car. Quite the challenge but got me from A to B (just).

30 years later, a month ago, I bought another Fiesta and this time its a white Mk8 2018 ST. Why did I buy it? Well I liked the styling, new interior tech and handling.

The car I bought doesn't have the performance pack but has been been mapped using Mountune (M235 ASMO) but truth be told for me it is still sluggish off the start. There is definite power around 4th/ 5th gear but I feel like there is a lack of torque. This comes following my last car which was a 2012 Abarth, that was a lot quicker off the line but struggled at higher speeds.

I suppose my question (and just an FYI I am not a petrol-head, just enjoy driving) is how to get more torque and is there any recommendations I could take to my local garage to implement/ add?

Thanks,

James

SteveS

1000 Post Club
My guess is the tune is your reason for not feeling torque off the line. The basic Ford tune is very low end biased. The tune on your car probably was intended to move the power higher.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Not super familiar with the powerband of the 1.5L but if it’s anything like our 1.6, adding some ethanol to the mix will increase torque substantially.