Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another FoST to FiST. #Fistlivesmatter

Hello all from Chicagoland. Just picked up 2016 Shadow black FiST. Coming from 2013 OW FoST. Previously owned: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2003 Mini Cooper S, 2009 Nissan 370Z, 2013 Jeep Wranger

So my initial impression of the interior of the Fist was I felt I had taken a couple steps backwards from the Fost. I did have a 'What have I done moment' lol It definitely seems a little "cheaper". This was highlighted by the fact that I was coming from Recaros in the fost to standard seating in the fist. A decision I may regret as there is nothing better than a good Recaro hug but I felt the standard seats were good enough and might be a little better on long hauls, we shall see. I also had a 'Where are my gauges?' moment but not a big deal because nothing an AP wont fix. Overall everything in the Fist seems to be a little lighter, thinner, and a little more plastic. Oh and that shift boot, well dont even get me started on that haha.

Driving impressions are the real difference though. I can definitely see how the Fist is the 'skateboarder of the family'. Much more nimble and alive. The Fost although more powerful felt more sleepy and less eager to play. The Fist almost begs you to come up to its level of playfulness. It took me a few days to get its personality and then something clicked, "oh I get it", "you want to be tossed about and driven harder!" "Your that dog that no matter how many times I throw the ball your going to go after it" "I get you". It wasn't long after that I had that smile everyone talks about come over my face and I haven't looked back since.

I feel much more connected to this car in a way that just wasn't there for me in the Fost. I am looking forward to many smiles and miles!!

As for mods, the only thing I have done so far is tint, debadge, and dead pedal addition. Going to go with AP soon and see where the mod gods take me.

Look forward to getting to know the community and doing some FiST bumping with you all! Cheers

Attachments