Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another fun track day @ spring mountain raceway 2.1 east track

Yesterday I took the ST to spring mountain for another track day. Had the same issue with the IC hoses so i took a hit and orders cobbs IC pipes upgrade.

This track day was on my e30 tune which helped keep my car cool. Temps stayed nice and low for most of the day until about 2/3 but would take 1/2 flying laps. Which was better than last track day. Happy winter is around the corner and will no longer have to worry about holding back because of coolant temps.

Also this track day i had my team dynamics 17x8 on wrapped with 235/40 federal rsr and eibach sway bars. Car felt great, but since I have not upgrade to a more aggressive pad I experience a lot of brake fad, which I expected anyways.

This event was more of a test n tune but was a blast and did great on spring mountains 2.1 east track.

Pics and videos coming soon.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #3
What was the IC hose issue?

What coolant temps where you seeing?
The stock hose before the IC would popoff. I think it was becuase I upgrade to the levels FMIC and the coupler would push the hose back about an inch or two cause a small kink. This is probably why it wouldn't stay on, even with a tbolt clamp. But I cut some of the hose off and that seemed to do it.

The highest the temps got was around 240 I thinks. Still really hot but it was 105 out at 2pm.

[MENTION=743]JohnzyST[/MENTION]

how bout them videos?

I love Spring Mountain but I haven't been out on the track in probably... 5 years... and they have done a TON of work. I drive by the track about once every six months on my way to and from vegas... it's awesome.

I wish I knew when all these events were happening. I would love to do something like this.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #7
I guess I just stopped going on here lol
I'll look for the vid and post it. I don't think that many people here race anyways.

[MENTION=743]JohnzyST[/MENTION] not when they leave for months on end like you :p

You should take a look at some of the new parts that have been developed in the past several months. There are some sweet set ups out there.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #11
[MENTION=743]JohnzyST[/MENTION] not when they leave for months on end like you :p

You should take a look at some of the new parts that have been developed in the past several months. There are some sweet set ups out there.
Really like what? Idk if I'll be modding this car for a while now. Car is setup well enough to drive fast. Maybe in the future I'll get a good set of coils or konis and run an r-comp tire, but before that I defiantly need to make a radiator upgrade or buy 2js.