Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another possible wonderful option for us Hatchback fans!

the duke

Will that extra 400-500 lbs. offset the power differences between our factory stock rides, and this Toy, as far as acceleration performance goes? [dunno]
You can compensate weight with power for acceleration, but you cannot hide weight with overcoming inertia. That's why the Fiesta ST was the choice as a drivers car over the Focus ST. It's far lighter.

This is a moot point anyways. It's not the GR4. Give us the GR4 or don't do anything. This is a typical Honda BS.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You can compensate weight with power for acceleration, but you cannot hide weight with overcoming inertia. That's why the Fiesta ST was the choice as a drivers car over the Focus ST. It's far lighter.

This is a moot point anyways. It's not the GR4. Give us the GR4 or don't do anything. This is a typical Honda BS.
I think the problem is we don't have a Federalized US-legal Yaris for them to sell here. The Yaris we get is really a Mazda 2, not the same car as the hot hatch Yaris they are making for over there. They aren't willing to make the platform US-legal for a niche product that will sell a couple thousand units at most. The American public is only buying SUVs right now.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
what?? Could it be true ?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought that the April 1 news release of a new model was a prank perhaps based on some fact. First of all, who comes up with a new car model on April 1? 🤣

So some of you are still sticking by that initial article? Interesting.

Yes it won't be as light as the FiST. But since it will be assembled in Japan the build quality will be superior. The overall performance should be at least equal to the previous gen Focus ST.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Styling isn't a FiST, but everything else has me interested. I'm amazed that they're (reliably?) squeezing 268HP out of a three cylinder. Wonder what the torque numbers are.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes it won't be as light as the FiST. But since it will be assembled in Japan the build quality will be superior. The overall performance should be at least equal to the previous gen Focus ST.
It should be better in every way. It will just cost more.

I just love the rawness of my FiST. It reminds me of my favorite dirt bikes that I've ridden. It's just eager to GO!

That's actually a good description. It's a cheap, utilitarian econobox that thinks it's a motocross bike.

I'm excited to drive it back to back with the N. One of those two cars could very well be my fist replacement down the line.

Business6

It'll be a shitty GR Corolla that can't keep up with the Veloster N. No thanks
The most recent link shows the Yaris, not the Corolla, which would most definitely have an edge or at least be straight up competitive with the Veloster N. The Corolla variant may end up being the lower cost option in the end simply because of the drivetrain but I'm sure the interior of the Yaris will make people want the Corolla.

Seems like a prime opportunity to confuse the hell out of buyers if they bring both to the market at the same time

CSM

1000 Post Club
The most recent link shows the Yaris, not the Corolla, which would most definitely have an edge or at least be straight up competitive with the Veloster N. The Corolla variant may end up being the lower cost option in the end simply because of the drivetrain but I'm sure the interior of the Yaris will make people want the Corolla.

Seems like a prime opportunity to confuse the hell out of buyers if they bring both to the market at the same time
Go back and read the recent link. It confirms that the Yaris will not come to the US, but that a hot hatch GR product will. This aligns with Car and Driver who reported a couple weeks ago we wouldnt get the Yaris GR but would get a FWD GR Corolla

Business6

Go back and read the recent link. It confirms that the Yaris will not come to the US, but that a hot hatch GR product will. This aligns with Car and Driver who reported a couple weeks ago we wouldnt get the Yaris GR but would get a FWD GR Corolla
Nice of them to put the wrong car on the page, then