Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any regrets with the FiST?

Regret that I live where it snows 6 months of the year.It's in storage now but happy.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I definitely prefer my FoST over the FiST, but the FiST gets better mpg so it's a no-brainer for my commuter. The only real complaint that I have about it is that it's a ridiculous rattle-trap, and that really grates my nerves every single day. Realistically though, it's a Fiesta and I didn't expect it to have top-tier quality; it's just such a stark difference between the FiST and FoST that it's confusing for such a narrow price-gap.

Lighting, but I've installed Diode Dynamics headlights, fog lamps, switchback front turn signals, backup lights, and tail lights... so all is good.

I definitely prefer my FoST over the FiST, but the FiST gets better mpg so it's a no-brainer for my commuter. The only real complaint that I have about it is that it's a ridiculous rattle-trap, and that really grates my nerves every single day. Realistically though, it's a Fiesta and I didn't expect it to have top-tier quality; it's just such a stark difference between the FiST and FoST that it's confusing for such a narrow price-gap.

You say it's a rattle trap? How many miles are on yours? How long has it been noisy? I have never heard that?

my only regret is not getting nav,and not gettig the optional Michelin ps's. i ordered because i wanted the racaros and it took about 4 months for delivery.

i would not hesitate to order another one if there was an unfortunate circumstance with mine

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I wish in some ways I had built mine to rally specs instead of track but love it as a track car so my only regret is being full time RVing I cannot have one of each:)

The cloth seats aren't bad at all to me.Folding the rear seats down all the way is really useful. Nav is a nice feature as well.

Funny, the original post asked for things we don't like about our FiSTs, and most of us are listing the things we DO like. :) But that's how I feel about the car too. I traded in a MINI Cooper S for my FiST, and while I really enjoyed the MINI, I was a bit miffed that all the fun came at the price of practicality and iffy reliability. Add in the higher purchase and insurance costs for the MINI, and the FiST starts to look very good indeed. If I had to list anything disappointing about the FiST, it would only be that you can tell it was built down to a price. But I knew that going in, and am fine with it. Besides, you can compensate for that to an extent. I just finished replacing all the interior lights with LED bulbs, and it's surprising how much more up-market it looks inside now. And maybe I've just been lucky so far, but the car is still nice and solid, with no rattles or unusual noises. I'm entirely happy with my choice, and am looking forward to years of great motoring.

Gryf

Brake dust. I've had mine for since October '13 and think I now can clean them in my sleep standing on my head. Tried ceramic on the rear, going to do on the front next brake change. Huge difference.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
love, love, love the car but there are a few annoying little things

1. they used 2x4s for suspension

2. the heater system blows freezing cold air for 5 seconds before actually putting out heat. so it's 10* in the car and it decides to freeze you before heating you.

3. silly amounts of brake dust

4. so called folding side mirrors barely fold at all. they hit the door b4 that can actually fold

5. Infotainment screen about an inch to far from driver, and I'm 6' 2".

6. no HIDs available. almost went FoST for this reason.

7. no option for all season UHP tires

8. symposer

9. soft paint chips sooo easily.

10. in every other car I've ever owned, the power mirror adjuster is oriented in a left / right postion. ours, front to back. i always forget front if for the left or right mirror. idiotic design.

11. no dead left pedal but a guy here makes a really nice one.

none of this stuff is a deal breeaker for me tho. every cars has it's lil annoyances. also, all this talk of economy grade interior...i find the quality much better than expected and on par with some more expensive brands. i sat in the new mustang while buying mine and the stang had a cheap interior compared to the FiST. all the plastics in it moved when pushed and squeaked. ours is much more solid to the touch.

pob

I've always driven all wheel drive cars, and I have a hard time getting used to the wheel spin. I just bought some wide sticky tires and new wheels, but its too cold to put them on. Other than that, the trade off is good gas mileage and lighter weight. I have to remind myself that I didn't buy this car for off the line acceleration. I bought it because the gear box is silky smooth, and it is incredibly fun to toss around.

Here in West Michigan, we've been getting a few inches a day of white, dry, flouncy snow... The kind that turns to ice the minute you drive on it. I have General Snow tires and this car is rock solid. Going, stopping, and changing direction.

Regrets? For a couple more thousand, the FoST has a MUCH better interior. I, too, have rattles galore and the stereo is terrible.
If I had to do it all over again, I totally would. It's one of my favorite cars I've owned (we're going on 35).

I would of picked white instead of tux black , still getting to know her 580 miles , bought in August, wanted the stang it was out of reach without stretching too much , the ST is such a great car for the money.

- No coat hanger hooks
- No grab handles for passengers due to the side curtain airbags and cabin layout
- Interior rattles
- Low beam pattern is weak; my 15 year old E46 had superior output from its halogens through somewhat clouded lenses
- Turning radius

Minor gripes: the kona blue available on the 16s is the exact shade of dark metallic blue I wanted, but that wasn't available when I bought mine. MFT has been surprisingly acceptable given all that it is capable of.

In every other respect, the car is perfect for me until I have kids. A FoST would've been cheaper, but the poor gas mileage and even worse turning radius would've consistently pissed me off.