Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any regrets with the FiST?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I am a month into ownership and regretting the purchase.

Issues with my 2016:

-Climate control inop with no ETA on a fix from Ford
-Transmission shifts rough, dismissed by dealer
-Transmission sounds and feels like it's from a 1980s corolla
-Stock tune is almost unbearable. The car hunts around for a stable boost pressure. This creates a very quick surge off and on feeling during acceleration.
-Panel fitment is pretty meh.
-Headlights suck
-and on and on and on

People say this car is a $13k car with a $10k engine package but I disagree. It feels more like a $13k car with a $5k engine package and a $5k markup. The quality just isn't even close to acceptable.
Next time you should really check out a car and test drive it a few times before making a big purchase. Just a suggestion

Next time you should really check out a car and test drive it a few times before making a big purchase. Just a suggestion
Another good suggestion is to not make forum posts after getting pissed off at the dealership haha. I made this post after another completely unsuccessful dealer trip and was hot. That said I don't have too many issues with the car that bother me too much. The dealer had reset the ecu and it was still learning and has since improved.

My top cons from a not mad me:

-Headlights are Ok
-Transmission could be a bit smoother
-Auto climate control doesn't work on a lot of 2016s

After a long drive down country roads today, I feel like they did pretty good on this car for what it is.