Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have experience with falken ziex all seasons

Stkid93

Premium Account
Decided I needed some all seasons and I ended up going with the falken ziex ze960s all seasons.

i have never used any falken tire personally. Although I heard decent things about their performance tires.

anyone have any experience with these tires?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had the earlier predecessor to those tires, Falken's ZE512s on my 2000 Z28 for a while in the mid 2000s.
They were not too horrific in the dry, or the warm wet, but were useless (at least on that ride) in even a sixteenth of an inch of snow, and forget about any ice at all!

On top of that, almost all of them developed large side wall bubbles, and this was on 245/50-16 tires which did not even see too many bad road crater/pothole impacts, and were always inflated either to specs, or slightly above.

Granted, this was 3 (or 4??) generations of Ziex before the ones you got (and they might have improved drastically), but I personally would still steer clear of their non-200 tread wear, non-performance tires altogether due to my experiences with their all season offerings.

Currently have them by accident. Long story short, impressive for what they are. True all seasons compared to the G Maxs and offer pretty decent grip in all weather. I drive hard but not bad in snow or ice, just don't expect winter tire grip

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
dammit that’s the whole reason I got them. I wanted tires I could use for early spring, late fall, and winter. And then I would put my summer tires on for the summer. I had all seasons on my speed 3 and honestly they were surprisingly good in the winter. I never really had problems granted it was about 600 lbs heavier with an lsd. But I guess anything would be an improvement over summer only tires in the winter that’s outright ridiculous. If you never tried summers in the winter. Just like a quarter inch of snow is all you need it will be the scariest ride you ever taken and not in a good way

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you never tried summers in the winter. Just like a quarter inch of snow is all you need it will be the scariest ride you ever taken and not in a good way
I drove from picking that ordered '00 Z28 up from the dealership in January 2000, in a snow storm, to EuroTire in order for them to mount Pirelli winter snow tires on the factory wheels, as I intended to get 17x9/9.5 wheels with sticky 275/40-17 summer tires for summer use in the future.

The car came from the factory with pure summer Goodyear GSC Eagles, and despite having a Torsen limited slip standard, I thought that I was going to literally DIE at many points during that fairly short trip. [crazyeye]

I just barely kept it from smacking the curbs up every hill and around every corner along the way.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
dammit that’s the whole reason I got them. I wanted tires I could use for early spring, late fall, and winter. And then I would put my summer tires on for the summer. I had all seasons on my speed 3 and honestly they were surprisingly good in the winter. I never really had problems granted it was about 600 lbs heavier with an lsd. But I guess anything would be an improvement over summer only tires in the winter that’s outright ridiculous. If you never tried summers in the winter. Just like a quarter inch of snow is all you need it will be the scariest ride you ever taken and not in a good way
One of the only ones I would consider for that use would be the Conti DSW 06+.

The BFG g-force COMP-2 All Season Plus might also be a little better than the rest of the UHP all seasons in our conditions as well.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
I mean like I said they gotta be miles better than any summer only tire. Right? I had the stock potenzas on and I’m in the northwest so I had to get something. The good news is I only bought 2 so far and they were only 120 a tire. So if I have to replace them with other tires I’m not out a ton of money.

But my goal is to have a 200-300 tread wire summer tire for may-September/october

and then a decent all season from October to April. If I have to change to winter tires instead of all seasons I can. But I will have to get different rims to make those work correct? From what I’ve seen most people go down to a 15/16 inch rim to accommodate the snow tires.

Luckily Im in a spot in Connecticut where I don’t actually get that much snow. Right on the shoreline. People upstate or far inland get about 3 or 4x more snow on average. So I’m not dealing with large amounts of snow but still.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There are a few pure winter tires made in our OEM 17" size to fit on our factory 17x7, but not too many.

Yes, also, it sort of defeats the whole purpose/function of a pure winter tire to have a short, very inflexible side wall, along with a wider tire.