Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cp-e Rear Motor Mount - Anyone With Experience?

I’m in need of a new RMM. I’ll be getting one of the few that uses rubber bushings instead of polyurethane. So this is basically the Vibra-Technics or the cp-e. I know quite a few people are happy with the vibra, so just wondering if there is any experience with the cp-e for comparison?

Thanks All

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had both, ('fast road' version of the V-T), and the V-T seems to be a slight bit less NVH prone, especially in the colder temps (which you would rarely have to worry about, unless a trip to the Sierras is in store), before everything in that area of the car warms up.

That being said, I have kept the CP-E instead of selling it like everyone else does, and may be swapping it back on if the V-T starts to wear excessively, or somehow starts getting noisy itself.

Thinking about it now, there was more exhaust system (also a CP-E Nexus in my case) 'buzz' when cold, and in hindsight, it might have been caused by the overly stiff, higher durometer poly Cobb hangers, much more than any non-compliant RMM factor.

Basically, you cannot go wrong with either of these RMMs, but I do believe that the V-T 'road' version might have a slightly lower durometer rubber bushing than the CP-E. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. That’s j
I've had both, ('fast road' version of the V-T), and the V-T seems to be a slight bit less NVH prone, especially in the colder temps (which you would rarely have to worry about, unless a trip to the Sierras is in store), before everything in that area of the car warms up.

That being said, I have kept the CP-E instead of selling it like everyone else does, and may be swapping it back on if the V-T starts to wear excessively, or somehow starts getting noisy itself.

Thinking about it now, there was more exhaust system (also a CP-E Nexus in my case) 'bizz' when cold, and in hindsight, it might have been caused by the overly stiff, higher durometer poly Cobb hangers, much more than any non-compliant RMM factor.

Basically, you cannot go wrong with either of these RMMs, but I do believe that the V-T 'road' version might have a slightly lower durometer rubber bushing than the CP-E. [wink]
Thanks! That’s just the feedback I was looking for.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I replaced my Mountune RMM with the cp-e, and it works great -- no complaints.

The (passenger side) cp-e motor mount, on the other hand, increased the NVH significantly. I'm used to it now, but it was pretty jarring at first. No such issue with the RMM for me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My vibratechnics RMM Made alittle over 50k before it needed replacement. I also ran the Trans and Pass. motor mounts too. I'd call it a good life well served in all BT miles. The only grips i had with it is their all one time use* The bushings are poured EPDM rubber i do believe. So this time around i went with AWR Mounts all the way around and for $30 i can get all the bushings in whatever durometer i want for all 3 mounts. [driving] Either way you can't go wrong as anything is a better choice than Stock Poopy*[drummer]

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #8
My vibratechnics RMM Made alittle over 50k before it needed replacement. I also ran the Trans and Pass. motor mounts too. I'd call it a good life well served in all BT miles. The only grips i had with it is their all one time use* The bushings are poured EPDM rubber i do believe. So this time around i went with AWR Mounts all the way around and for $30 i can get all the bushings in whatever durometer i want for all 3 mounts. [driving] Either way you can't go wrong as anything is a better choice than Stock Poopy*[drummer]
well, I’m coming off a poly bushed unit that lasted 8000 miles before the bushings grenaded. So I’ll take 50k any day. I will not be getting any mounts with poly bushings again. I’m glad I never got around to getting trans or pass motor mounts as I might have gotten poly only to be sad later.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
well, I’m coming off a poly bushed unit that lasted 8000 miles before the bushings grenaded. So I’ll take 50k any day. I will not be getting any mounts with poly bushings again. I’m glad I never got around to getting trans or pass motor mounts as I might have gotten poly only to be sad later.
You should get the rest of the mounts* They are worth it.[drinking] I haven't seen anyone complain or talk about AWR Urethane failure alot yet* [ridinghorse]

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #10
Something interesting, I think between the fact that I drive the FiST infrequently and that i got the poly bushed RMM so long ago, this new Vibra-Technics caused noticeable vibration and noise compared to the poly RMM that came off with the ruined poly bushes. So, I’m glad I didn’t go with the cpe based on feedback here and from Ron.

But driving, especially shifting hard 1-2, SO much better. Better traction, better on wheel hop, no clunking. Like going aftermarket for the first time all over again.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Something interesting, I think between the fact that I drive the FiST infrequently and that i got the poly bushed RMM so long ago, this new Vibra-Technics caused noticeable vibration and noise compared to the poly RMM that came off with the ruined poly bushes. So, I’m glad I didn’t go with the cpe based on feedback here and from Ron.

But driving, especially shifting hard 1-2, SO much better. Better traction, better on wheel hop, no clunking. Like going aftermarket for the first time all over again.
it will break in a bit and not be noticeable unlesss you have your air on.

Last edited:

Sam4

yep those undercar shots look just like my east coast 125k under carriage...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have the vibra-tech and I don't think it's any less buzzy than when I first installed it. I am trying a CP-E, and if that doesn't smooth things out I am going to switch back to stock.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I thought the biggest benefit of CPE is rubber bushings that aren’t subject to heat degradation like the polyurethane ones? I have a CPE and Vibratechnics in the garage to replace mountune one when it craps out. Can’t decide which to go with.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #15
Vi
I thought the biggest benefit of CPE is rubber bushings that aren’t subject to heat degradation like the polyurethane ones? I have a CPE and Vibratechnics in the garage to replace mountune one when it craps out. Can’t decide which to go with.
vibra is rubber also. That’s why those 2 specifically were on my list for the replacement

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Yes, it is actually distracting just how spotlessly, just rolled off of the assembly line-like sanitary your cars stay underneath in Cali!

Quite 'jelly'.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #18
Yes, it is actually distracting just how spotlessly, just rolled off of the assembly line-like sanitary your cars stay underneath in Cali!

Quite 'jelly'.
Well yes, the fact I’m in essentially the desert of SoCal has a lot to do with it, but also that it doesn’t get driven daily and never in the rain and every time I’m underneath it I never miss an opportunity to clean stuff.

Brace your eyes, 120k kms in Québec, Canada.
IMG_9442.jpg

To add a bit to this discussion, I had the COBB RMM for 120k kms and the bushing was ovaled. I replaced it with the Vibra-Technics, and the vibrations were pretty bad. Cold morning buzzing the whole cabin for 3-4 mins bad. I have since ordered all new OEM motor mounts (the two other than the RMM) as I suspect these are gone aswell, exacerbating the vibrations created by the stiffer Vibra RMM. I'll post an update this weekend when I replace them.