Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autocross popping out of gear

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have had an intermittent issue that reared its ugly head several times this weekend. I take a pretty sharp corner (with moderate to heavy braking before and at start of turn) in 2nd gear. I go to pin the throttle after turn exit and I am no longer in gear. I think its usually (always?) when I turn left. The transmission shifts fine otherwise. Could this be an issue somehow caused or made worse by having stock transmission and passenger engine mounts? I do have a Mountune RMM. I also have a Boomba ultimate shift kit so I suppose somehow that could be a cause due to engine movement. Thoughts?

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #2
Hmm. I do have a steel lathewerks shift knob as well. Its heavy and it would put some force on the transmission to shift into natural during a hard brake. I would think it wouldn't be enough to change gears when the engine is under a decel load. I'll put swapping it out on the back burner (it is locktited on.. loathe to remove it). Anyone have other thoughts?