Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AWD Fiesta ST

ecosport conversion wouldn't be too hard, but you will be stuck with the auto trans, and have to weld in the independent rear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ Yes, that Mk6 is almost a competition World Rallycross Championship build with a passenger seat, and working lights and horn.

It even has a 'north-south' engine configuration like those cars do.

I often think about how cool an AWD FIST would be, but then I think about the demonic charm these FWD baby rockets have and instantly change my mind about AWD.

Sean
I'm sure Civic/Integra owners have said the same many time before. Then one guy had a salvage CRV and a FBO Civic and thought to himself hmmm. The plus side to our cars is that there is a heritage in rally and that almost gives us the right to AWD these little rockets. I won't pretend to say it will be cheap or easy but when Toyota has a AWD Yaris then lines have been drawn in the sand.

Aren’t there
I'm sure Civic/Integra owners have said the same many time before. Then one guy had a salvage CRV and a FBO Civic and thought to himself hmmm. The plus side to our cars is that there is a heritage in rally and that almost gives us the right to AWD these little rockets. I won't pretend to say it will be cheap or easy but when Toyota has a AWD Yaris then lines have been drawn in the sand.

I agree is would be an absolute blast. However, I’ve had awd sports cars before (WRX x2) and found them boring. I come from a long ownership history of RWD mustangs and hot hatches (GTI and SVT Focus). I personally feel the FIST has far and above the most charm out of any hot hatch I’ve ever owned or driven. It has such a playful character and the smiles per gallon on the car it was setup from the factory are incredible IMO (aside from an LSD).

Aren’t there some rally FISTs with FWD?

Sean

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Aren’t there some rally FISTs with FWD?

Sean
Not as 'streetable' as far as registration and insurance goes.

They are all built out of BASE, 2 door, Euro/Brit Fiestas, with an AWD, FIA approved WRC 'kit' fabricated into them, and with built-up, ~400 HP 1.6 engines, and sequential gearboxes, of course.

So even if (as I've suggested in the past) it would actually be less coin to buy one of these in R5 guise instead of trying to fab up/engineer functional subframes, etc., and then try to 'reverse engineer' it to get it to be 'street legal' (IF that is even possible?), you still have the VIN plate number problem as far as domestic use (registration/insurance) goes. [:(]

Not as 'streetable' as far as registration and insurance goes.

They are all built out of BASE, 2 door, Euro/Brit Fiestas, with an AWD, FIA approved WRC 'kit' fabricated into them, and with built-up, ~400 HP 1.6 engines, and sequential gearboxes, of course.

So even if (as I've suggested in the past) it would actually be less coin to buy one of these in R5 guise instead of trying to fab up/engineer functional subframes, etc., and then try to 'reverse engineer' it to get it to be 'street legal' (IF that is even possible?), you still have the VIN plate number problem as far as domestic use (registration/insurance) goes. [:(]
I’ll stick with my fwd demon child 😬

Sean