Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car not starting. New battery, cleaned connections and grounds. P06E9 code.

Kingbro

I installed a TT s280 and CPE exhale kit last weekend. Other than that the car has the usual FMIC and Stratified tuning. Installation went well (aside from the exhale kit which was not so fun). Went to fire up the car, and got a click. Sounds like the starter solenoid. I then left the car on a trickle charger until this weekend.

Flash forward to yesterday, I decide to try one more time to fire it up. Voila, it fires up like normal. Proceeded to cycle the engine (clutch+gas pedal) 3 times to get oil in the new turbo. Starter motor works flawlessly each time. Then let the car idle for 15 minutes to check for leaks. No problem starting again. But after putting on all the trim, headlights, etc., now it refuses to start again making the same solenoid click sound.

Swapped the battery, checked all fuses and relays relating to the starter, even sanded down the grounds pertaining to the starter motor. No luck. Still getting the P06E9 code. Anyone have ideas?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I installed a TT s280 and CPE exhale kit last weekend. Other than that the car has the usual FMIC and Stratified tuning. Installation went well (aside from the exhale kit which was not so fun). Went to fire up the car, and got a click. Sounds like the starter solenoid. I then left the car on a trickle charger until this weekend.

Flash forward to yesterday, I decide to try one more time to fire it up. Voila, it fires up like normal. Proceeded to cycle the engine (clutch+gas pedal) 3 times to get oil in the new turbo. Starter motor works flawlessly each time. Then let the car idle for 15 minutes to check for leaks. No problem starting again. But after putting on all the trim, headlights, etc., now it refuses to start again making the same solenoid click sound.

Swapped the battery, checked all fuses and relays relating to the starter, even sanded down the grounds pertaining to the starter motor. No luck. Still getting the P06E9 code. Anyone have ideas?
Did you plug both headlights back in? I chased the same issue for hours, then realized a headlight plug was grounding out lol

OP
K

Kingbro

Thread Starter #3
Did you plug both headlights back in? I chased the same issue for hours, then realized a headlight plug was grounding out lol
Plugged them both in. How did you tell which light was grounding out? How did you remedy it? Thanks for the reply.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Plugged them both in. How did you tell which light was grounding out? How did you remedy it? Thanks for the reply.
Damn, thought it might be an easy one. Mine was quite literally unplugged and contacting the frame because I’m forgetful like that.