Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BBK for 16" wheels? (Other than Wilwood)

I've finally come to the realization that the OEM brakes are just not up to snuff for hard track use so I've decided to save up for some truly track-ready brakes. However I'd prefer to be able to run a 16" wheel so I have more tire options which would eliminate my leading contender, StopTech. Is anyone running, or aware of, a quality BBK that fits within 16" wheels? I know Wilwood would probably fit but I've heard so many mixed reviews on them that I'd rather not bother. I came across these guys (http://www.reyland.co.uk/fiesta/) that have an AP Racing kit that will allegedly fit within 15's but I haven't been able to get in touch with them to confirm details of the kit. Anyone?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I do use WW for the track, and they’re quite good. The stock brakes indeed fall short of the advertising- but, WW deliver consistent performance. The pad is equally important- so, for me WWand Carboteh XP8 hits the sweet spot.

OP
SonicDeathmonkey
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the Tarox guide and info. I have never heard of the brand, which worries me a little if I need replacement/rebuild parts in the future, but it looks promising!

Last edited:
They have a US office in West Virginia, and I don't have any complaints from when I emailed them to ask for that fitment guide. And Tarox has history in F1 so I bet they'll be able to sell you repair kits for their calipers.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

I forgot about this thread, but I found an option that works for 15" wheels (so it'll definitely clear 16" wheels) and is readily available in the US: the 290mm V-MAXX brake kit. Whoosh and a couple UK shops carry it, and the pads are a standard Ferodo pad size.

There's another post on here somewhere, looks like Mountune's about to release a BBK.
I was also going to bring up this thread. The new Mountune kit has 302mm brake discs, and while I haven't seen any fitment guides for it yet, it will probably clear 16" wheels.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I forgot about this thread, but I found an option that works for 15" wheels (so it'll definitely clear 16" wheels) and is readily available in the US: the 290mm V-MAXX brake kit. Whoosh and a couple UK shops carry it, and the pads are a standard Ferodo pad size.

I was also going to bring up this thread. The new Mountune kit has 302mm brake discs, and while I haven't seen any fitment guides for it yet, it will probably clear 16" wheels.

the VMAXX kit is really nice
replacements parts are easy to get in a few days as well
we have 2-3 kits in stock at all times