Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi from China!

XuperXero

Hi all,

I'm a Canadian working in China. Just picked up a '13 3dr Euro spec in Performance Blue last week. Been lurking for a couple of weeks already [cool].

Yes, the price in China is ridiculous compared to North America... No choice as I'm pretty much settled here until retirement.

Although it's an Euro Spec... I don't have the nicer screen and MySync that you have. I have some screen that looks 8-bit. Everything else seems to be the same.
[mad][mad][mad][mad]

I'll be modding and contributing to the forum later down the road. For now, I'll lurk and learn some more and get to know you all.

Previous cars owned
1988 MR2 Supercharged
2004 Nissan 350Z
1988 MR2 Supercharged again
2006 BMW E90 325i

Cheers! [8D]

MOFiST

Welcome! That is like the base model stereo. The Aussie version is like a halfway between that and the US version. We don't get MFT but do get SYNC. The main thing is that it drives like an ST. How many doors is the China version? *edit I just re read your post. 3 doors :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard, we need to see more exterior pictures[like]

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys.

MoFiST, what does Aussie version looks like? I was only aware of two stereo versions.

MKVIIST, too busy breaking in and enjoy driving to take pictures [cool]

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Hi mate, what location in China?, drivers are crazy over there. Lived in Shanghai for a time.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #12
Hi mate, what location in China?, drivers are crazy over there. Lived in Shanghai for a time.
Oh interesting! I'm not too far from Shanghai. I'm in Wuxi, about 100km away. Yes.. driver's are crazy, but this is my 5th year here and... well, I've turned crazy myself. [hihi]

Welcome! What kind of fuel do you have to use...octane wise?
We use Octane number instead of Octane Rating. I'm currently using 97 number which I believe is equivalent to 92 rating in US. Have never used anything less than that as my previous car (E90 325) also required 97.

That is actually beautiful... you Aussie and US get multi-color screen, where I'm stuck with single color ricer greenish blue, I wonder if they're are direct PNP. I'm seriously considering the US version's MFT, even the Aussie version is a nice upgrade. I also noticed that US version has multicolored ambient lighting, whereas I only have red.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #13
Someone requested photos. Went for a nice drive after getting my 1000km oil change today. Here they are! Sorry for crappy quality. Taken from old Samsung S2.