Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best aftermarket / parts website?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
For any Cobb OTS tune, yes. Once you start to dip into other tuners and custom tunes then you'll see some gains with a larger cross-over pipe and, perhaps, an induction hose. Some intakes, like the cp-e, upgrade the air box, filter, and the tract to all the way to the turbo. Search the forums: Dizzy wrote a nice post that details the gains found with different intake configurations.
This exactly... the screaming loud 2JR makes something like 10/20 according to that Dizzy test, with some other complete kits about half that. But also definitely agree that a good option is piecing together a crossover, induction hose (with fix if '16+) and a drop in separately, this is what I've done over time, my induction hose w/fix, final piece, is arriving tomorrow. You'll be at about $250 total and good for stock or upgraded turbo.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
They have those water covers for the filter available too...
Yeah - of note though, the hydrophobic coating on those has a finite lifespan so I'd recommend replacing the "water sock" yearly. I need to wash my car but I am also lazy. I have been staring at the cowl where the 2j filter sits thinking about whether its a good idea to go through a carwash with the engine running. :| hydrolocking is bad juju.

So far I've been doing 2Jr during the hot summer months, and flipping back to stock box + drop in or injen intake for the winter when I might see rain. I still can't fathom the 2Jr in a downpour being a good idea - but I guess the cabin filter up in the cowl doesn't get waterlogged so :shrug: what do I know lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
What sites do you all scour for parts? I see cjponyparts pop up a lot on google. I’m new to the ford platform, so I have no idea where to start. What is your go to website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are lots of vendors here - I'm not knocking other vendors when I say this, but Ron@whoosh has been hands-down the most helpful vendor I have ever worked with. I am a picky customer, I ask lots of questions, and I have high expectations from those whom accept my money. Ron has always knocked it out of the park customer-service wise, even when it was just me being finicky (ITG intake on a newer FiST - I simply didn't want to unwrap the wiring harness on a brand-new car so he let me exchange for an Injen). I know customer sat is generally pretty high with Depo as well, but I don't think they're as present on the forums here.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #25
there was a member here that had a tough time but to be quite honest the UK instructions are 90+% good for the US fitment as well. You just need to be a little more creative moving some of the wiring around to clear the path for the pipe pass through the the fender area. Very easy.
We actually have started moving a ton of the itg in the past 6 months. Far surpassed other intakes on the site. Maybe due to the price reduction as well which is a direct result of bringing in 30-50pcs at a time instead of 5
Thanks for the reply Ron. Someone mentioned having to undo the wiring harness a bit? I’ll all for a little improvising, as long as I don’t have to extend any wiring or something like that.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply Ron. Someone mentioned having to undo the wiring harness a bit? I’ll all for a little improvising, as long as I don’t have to extend any wiring or something like that.

It's just partially unwrapping a bit of the wiring harness to get some wires to reach. At the time I was planning to leave the car 99% stock and just wanted an intake - I wasn't ready to unwrap part of the harness on a brand new car. Like I said, I was being picky about it. I think the wiring harness is routed slightly different or something on newer cars and as a result the wires are a little short. Once you unwrap a bit of the harness it frees up slack and should be happy. I had just come from another car where they tried to use every.little.thing to deny warranty claims, so I was hyper-sensitive about making detectable changes.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #27
It's just partially unwrapping a bit of the wiring harness to get some wires to reach. At the time I was planning to leave the car 99% stock and just wanted an intake - I wasn't ready to unwrap part of the harness on a brand new car. Like I said, I was being picky about it. I think the wiring harness is routed slightly different or something on newer cars and as a result the wires are a little short. Once you unwrap a bit of the harness it frees up slack and should be happy. I had just come from another car where they tried to use every.little.thing to deny warranty claims, so I was hyper-sensitive about making detectable changes.
Your decision makes total sense then! I’m fine with unwrapping part of the harness, as long as it doesn’t become a mess, and can be wrapped again.

They have those water covers for the filter available too...

I know but for me between the obvious rain concerns, and the screaming noise it wasnt for me. The downsides are too much for me vs something more conventional.

It may make the most power or be in the best location for performance but there is a reason why basically nobody else would think of putting an intake in the rain tray.

There is a YouTube clip of a guy with water issues.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I know but for me between the obvious rain concerns, and the screaming noise it wasnt for me. The downsides are too much for me vs something more conventional.

It may make the most power or be in the best location for performance but there is a reason why basically nobody else would think of putting an intake in the rain tray.

There is a YouTube clip of a guy with water issues.
Yep, definitely not for me either, just wanted to make sure you knew there was a cover available. :)