Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8 & Swift spec-r springs

Any forseeable things I wouldn't like going this route on the 16+ shocks and struts? Wouldn't mind sourcing 14-15 parts and building a swapable assembly just for ease of install essentially.

Any forseeable things I wouldn't like going this route on the 16+ shocks and struts? Wouldn't mind sourcing 14-15 parts and building a swapable assembly just for ease of install essentially.
Not sure what you're asking. As in swapping out the OEM struts/shocks and installing the Bilstein B8 shocks and keeping the OEM springs? or something else?

FWIW, after digging around i found that the Swift spec-r springs are made for OEM shocks. So if you wanted to go Swifts, you'd be better off with the Bilstein B6s. This is why I'm gonna go with Mountune or Eibach springs as I already have the B8s.

Not sure what you're asking. As in swapping out the OEM struts/shocks and installing the Bilstein B8 shocks and keeping the OEM springs? or something else?

FWIW, after digging around i found that the Swift spec-r springs are made for OEM shocks. So if you wanted to go Swifts, you'd be better off with the Bilstein B6s. This is why I'm gonna go with Mountune or Eibach springs as I already have the B8s.
My bad! To clarify, given there's a difference between (right?) 14-15 OEM shocks / struts and 16+ is it worth tracking down the earlier hardware. Really all I meant to be asking. I might also just be misremembering and it's only spring rates and sway bar differences in which case my question makes no sense. :LOL:

Heard on the B6's given what the Swift springs are designed for. (y)

My bad! To clarify, given there's a difference between (right?) 14-15 OEM shocks / struts and 16+ is it worth tracking down the earlier hardware. Really all I meant to be asking. I might also just be misremembering and it's only spring rates and sway bar differences in which case my question makes no sense. :LOL:

Heard on the B6's given what the Swift springs are designed for. (y)
I see! That's a really good question. From what I could tell this is a moot point and it's not worth tracking down earlier hardware.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The only earlier hardware worth tracking down are the higher pound/inch rate factory springs (IF one needs to/must remain at factory ride height), and maybe not even then since most have seen MANY miles, and have lost some of that rate advantage over the latter factory springs. [:(]

Lol. Revived... I have B8 on swift and haven't noticed much issues. Ride is great, I'd probably have to switch to stock or B6s to know if there's really a difference or not.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Lol. Revived... I have B8 on swift and haven't noticed much issues. Ride is great, I'd probably have to switch to stock or B6s to know if there's really a difference or not.
Can you snag a pic or two of the ride height/fender gap to top of tire? Would like to see how these sit.

Yeah, who knows! I'm not gonna bother finding out hah. One and done unless I choose to upgrade.
. This is mine with swift spec r springs and B6’s. A couple years ago I was able to score the B6’s on Rock Auto for about half the cost of everyone else. Definitely worth looking into. Ive had this setup for a couple years now and am very happy with it. Running R888 tires now though. Tires and rims in pic’s are 15x8 Dekagrams with 205/50/R15 Federal 595 RSRR tires.

Attachments

. This is mine with swift spec r springs and B6’s. A couple years ago I was able to score the B6’s on Rock Auto for about half the cost of everyone else. Definitely worth looking into. Ive had this setup for a couple years now and am very happy with it. Running R888 tires now though. Tires and rims in pic’s are 15x8 Dekagrams with 205/50/R15 Federal 595 RSRR tires.
Looks good, I was expecting more gap, but you’re also running 50 sidewalls tires. I’m curious what the measurement is from the ground to the center of the wheel arch lip on yours.

Looks good, I was expecting more gap, but you’re also running 50 sidewalls tires. I’m curious what the measurement is from the ground to the center of the wheel arch lip on yours.
Thanks. Id get you those measurements but the car wont be back together and on the ground for a few more weeks. When and if i remember ill put those measurements up for you.