Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blasphemy!!!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Wanna upgrade ?
(no offense to all the big & beautiful ladies out there - literally takes all body types to make this world go 'round)

NEW:
1589249081645.png

OLD:
1589249189638.png

Freeze your credit.
A lot of the BS junk mail eventually stops.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, they expect us to be just exactly like all of the rest of the masses, and actually desire a bloated, overweight, super high center of gravity PIG of a vehicle solely because that's what 'everyone else' is buying, or because THEY say so. [nono]

I guess they never stopped and thought <-(and yeah, I know that is difficult task for their marketing f**ks to accomplish) about WHY we got into these little 'shitbox' rally cars to begin with. [dunno]

I heard those little SUV's were the bomb... :) 0-60.... 23 minutes
As crazy as it sounds, in certain parts of the world, 0-60 really means nothing. I drove my father in law's Toyota in Thailand and it might as well not even reach 60 and it was more than fine. The neighborhood was so condensed and there was so much traffic that you just never get to go that fast. We're just fortunate to be in the US where 0-60 means everything and we get to gun it stop light to stop light.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
As crazy as it sounds, in certain parts of the world, 0-60 really means nothing. I drove my father in law's Toyota in Thailand and it might as well not even reach 60 and it was more than fine. The neighborhood was so condensed and there was so much traffic that you just never get to go that fast. We're just fortunate to be in the US where 0-60 means everything and we get to gun it stop light to stop light.
It's the on-ramps and highway driving.

Trust me, it seems irrelevant until you see a gap and try to gun it, and your vehicle putters along while the car you merged in front of is coming up fast in your rear view.

I remember the on-ramps in Massachusetts, there was almost no merge lane, you couldn't get a running start because a lot of them were fed off roundabouts. the FIST wouldn't have a problem with either.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's the on-ramps and highway driving.

Trust me, it seems irrelevant until you see a gap and try to gun it, and your vehicle putters along while the car you merged in front of is coming up fast in your rear view.

I remember the on-ramps in Massachusetts, there was almost no merge lane, you couldn't get a running start because a lot of them were fed off roundabouts. the FIST wouldn't have a problem with either.
The Merritt/Wilbur Cross in Connecticut is like that as well, as most entrances have NO merge whatsoever, and you must get onto the road, into fast moving traffic, from a dead stop (sign). [:(]

Last edited:
The several on-ramps around here (Pittsburgh) onto I-70 that have frikkin stop signs at the end of the ramp, before merging into 55 mph speed limit traffic that is really going 70ish :[

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The Merritt/Wilbur Cross in Connecticut is like that as well, as most entrances have NO merge whatsoever, and you must get onto the road, into fast moving traffic, from a dead stop (sign). [:(]
The several on-ramps around here (Pittsburgh) onto I-70 that have frikkin stop signs at the end of the ramp, before merging into 55 mph speed limit traffic that is really going 70ish :[
We have lloonngg entrance ramps and people don't use them anyway. They wait until the last 30 feet before they even attempt to speed up and match traffic. (which means they're already in it and traffic has to slow down to match them) AAANNooYYiinnGGggg to be behind these people on an entrance ramp. They're going so slow that can't leave merge space. Some people get annoyed at you, as if you're the slowpoke entering the highway. Then you gotta sit back in the left lane for several miles going right lane speeds, because they had to change lanes to avoid the folks who refuse to speed up BEFORE merging. The state ought to make everybody retake the driver test and fail anyone who can't frig'n merge LoL 😆. (Excluding grannies and granpies of course...)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We have lloonngg entrance ramps and people don't use them anyway. They wait until the last 30 feet before they even attempt to speed up and match traffic. (which means they're already in it and traffic has to slow down to match them) AAANNooYYiinnGGggg to be behind these people on an entrance ramp. They're going so slow that can't leave merge space. Some people get annoyed at you, as if you're the slowpoke entering the highway. Then you gotta sit back in the left lane for several miles going right lane speeds, because they had to change lanes to avoid the folks who refuse to speed up BEFORE merging. The state ought to make everybody retake the driver test and fail anyone who can't frig'n merge LoL 😆. (Excluding grannies and granpies of course...)
FYI, some 68 year old Granny's and Grandpa's drive FiST Mountunes and Coyotes hard!

I drive the interstate 8 hrs a day down here in NC as an Incident Manager/Safety Patrol Driver for the State. People who can't merge really grind my gears. I always love coming around the corner on an entrance ramp, trying to get a little speed approaching the acceleration lane only to find a minivan parked in the middle of the ramp waiting for people to "let them in". If I mess up and miss getting in on a merge, I would rather drive down the shoulder than dead stop on the ramp coming out of a blind curve.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Around here people don't attempt to merge at all. They just barrel onto the highway and expect everyone to move over to let them on.

But the ecosport could jump a short curb, or drive across a somewhat bumpy grassy soccer field.
Both of which are Illegal acts. If I were a groundskeeper tending a Soccar Field who saw you you driving accross my field can be certain you would be paying the cost to re-level the entire field, not just the ruts you put in it.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Had about a dozen more of these since I last visited this thread....this one brought some rage out of my soul though for some reason...how dare they...

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I keep waiting for another "Calling about your car's warranty" phone call so I can mess with them. My current fleet includes 1 vehicle under extensive warranty, 1 vehicle that is 25 y/o with 60k miles, 1 vehicle that is 12 y/o with 175k miles, and my Fiesta that is a 2014 salvage with 50k miles. Wondering specifically what vehicle they would put under warranty LOL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Fiesta ST Build Projects 52