Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blows injector fuse after installing new 2j cowl intake

I installed the 2j racing cowl intake. Extended my MAF plug. Souldered the wires, heat wrapped them, taped them up, then put wire loom over them and taped the loom. It blows the same fuse every time, and no other. I know the intake isn't doing it,any tips or ideas what could be the issue?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Lets look at why a fuse blows... The amperage has exceeded the fuse's rating. Why does this happen? Either a bad ground, or there's a short somewhere. So... I know of a couple sensors in that area that can be damaged while installing that intake. I believe they are the cam position sensor and the fuel rail pressure sensor. Check them out. Maybe you accidentally fudged something. Also, there's a plug on your negative battery terminal, make sure that's plugged in and that the ground to the right (the one on the post) is tight and corrosion free.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
im just going to resoulder the plug back to the oem wiring harness and buy the extender. hopefully that will fix the issue. its fine on the map 0 that came on the AP, but when i change maps and boost it, she pops. this time it took about a day to pop. she wasnt pulling like normal, making less power and less torque, then she popped.