Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluetooth Audio Stuttering iPhone 7 plus

So I recently upgraded my phone and after pairing the new device my audio at times stutters or completely stops. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure there's all kinds of issues between iOS 10 and the current software revisions of Sync3/My Ford Touch. While the music seems to work with mine, I've noticed that Sync won't read incoming text messages anymore.

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #3
I'm pretty sure there's all kinds of issues between iOS 10 and the current software revisions of Sync3/My Ford Touch. While the music seems to work with mine, I've noticed that Sync won't read incoming text messages anymore.
Did you change the settings under Bluetooth on your phone for notifications?

Did you change the settings under Bluetooth on your phone for notifications?

Nope. Even went through and checked all the settings. It just decided it's no longer going to work. I'm not sure if it happened when I went to iOS 10 with my 6S, or when I switched to a 7. It's just one of those weird things that annoys me.

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #5
Nope. Even went through and checked all the settings. It just decided it's no longer going to work. I'm not sure if it happened when I went to iOS 10 with my 6S, or when I switched to a 7. It's just one of those weird things that annoys me.
Check this.

Check this.

You know what, I bet that's it! I checked all the settings, but not while connected. Those options don't show up when away from the car. I'll check it out when I leave work. Thank you sir!

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #7
You know what, I bet that's it! I checked all the settings, but not while connected. Those options don't show up when away from the car. I'll check it out when I leave work. Thank you sir!
No problem, now if someone can help with my problem lol.

So I recently upgraded my phone and after pairing the new device my audio at times stutters or completely stops. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

There are support articles that talk about bluetooth in the new phones. I experience this as well from time to time. Almost seems that the range is diminished. From what I read it sounds like software updates may be the answer. Be diligent with the iOS updates and hope for the best. I'm running the latest 10.2 beta but the car's in storage for the winter so I can't tell you how it's working. :(

OP
ridinVINTAGE
Thread Starter #9
Hmm, I just read some articles saying to turn off Bluetooth and reboot the phone. I'll give that a shot and see if it helps.

antarctica24

Bluetooth Jitter

The problem is not limited to the Iphone 7, nor is the problem limited to the Sony Head Unit. I am experiencing the same problem with my 6 Plus intermittently on my Alpine Radio. My guess it will require a law suit before Apple does anything to fix it like they do with everything else.

antarctica24

Update, The problem with the stuttering is with messages coming into the phone. You have to disable notifications. Problem gone. :)

Ford Community Posts