Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluetooth = blown speaker sound. Radio sounds OK

HBEcoBeaST

When playing audio over bluetooth my speakers cut in and out and change volume similar to when your radio signal switches from regular to HD. There's also slight distortion and it sounds like my speaker is blown during the quiter, lower quality moments. Sound quality is really low/quiet then all of a sudden it becomes louder and better quality. Checked my connections(aftermarket stereo). Confused because it only happens on Bluetooth audio and not radio.

Bumps, braking and accellerating seem to affect the anomaly but I'm dumbfounded as to what could be loose that would only affect Bluetooth? Where is the bluetooth antenna in our cars?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
Okay, I didn't see you have an aftermarket head unit. Nevermind. I'm of no help now.
I should specify, stock head unit going to an lc7i which feeds a 5-channel amp. I'm assuming the problem is at the source since it's only during bluetooth and not radio. My phone plays fine on other bluetooth devices. That's why I'm wondering about the car's bluetooth hardware possible being shoddy.