Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Etched Shift Knob

Anyone have experience with the Boomba Shift knob with the engraved shift pattern on top? Mine screws on completely upside down and the instructions say to heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer till its ouch hot and twist it into place with heat protective gloves. I'm kinda afraid of it, thinking I might strip the threads on the shift lever. Anyone ever install one?

I don't have a heat gun. Do you think I could boil it?

I thought of asking them to exchange it for a blank one but its too much fix and mix with postage sending it back and them shipping the blank one.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Anyone have experience with the Boomba Shift knob with the engraved shift pattern on top? Mine screws on completely upside down and the instructions say to heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer till its ouch hot and twist it into place with heat protective gloves. I'm kinda afraid of it, thinking I might strip the threads on the shift lever. Anyone ever install one?

I thought of asking them to exchange it for a blank one but its too much fix and mix with postage sending it back and them shipping the blank one.
Does the reverse lock out work when you unscrew the knob to line up the shift pattern? The reverse lock out is the only concern is really the only concern therefore you should not need to over-tighten the knob. If it does you can do the heating as indicted or use removable thread lock.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club

No need to worry at all! Install is not difficult. If you don't have a heat gun, a hair dryer can be used. Here's a little instructional video!

[video=youtube;PDVEscyHsng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVEscyHsng[/video]