Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Just installed mine today, this can is quality! Thanks to Boomba for the fast shipping and the beanie haha! I really like the mounting location, it's easy to reach and rock solid the way it's mounted to the old sound symposer hole. The can itself is of excellent quality and I like the fittings. I think two things have room for improvement, one I think Boomba should include new rubber pipe part to mate the OE style connectors, I had to make a slight cut in the current plastic pipe to fit the fittings and the rubber pipe that goes to the can. Not a biggie but it would make for a cleaner install, less chance of a leak. The second is the worm clamps, they suck haha, I spent the most time trying to get one together after I loosen it too much lol. Maybe bigger clamps? Overall I am very happy with the kit and recommend it to anyone looks for an OCC.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
so pumped, cant wait till mine arrives. no update on USPS site since the 4th so hoping for some news by morning. would have been nice to install it this weekend but oh well.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
so pumped, cant wait till mine arrives. no update on USPS site since the 4th so hoping for some news by morning. would have been nice to install it this weekend but oh well.
You will not be disappointed man! I ordered natural finish cause I figured it might be the most in stock ready to go haha, hate waiting for parts :) the install took less then 1 hour, super straight forward.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #187
Just installed mine today, this can is quality! Thanks to Boomba for the fast shipping and the beanie haha! I really like the mounting location, it's easy to reach and rock solid the way it's mounted to the old sound symposer hole. The can itself is of excellent quality and I like the fittings. I think two things have room for improvement, one I think Boomba should include new rubber pipe part to mate the OE style connectors, I had to make a slight cut in the current plastic pipe to fit the fittings and the rubber pipe that goes to the can. Not a biggie but it would make for a cleaner install, less chance of a leak. The second is the worm clamps, they suck haha, I spent the most time trying to get one together after I loosen it too much lol. Maybe bigger clamps? Overall I am very happy with the kit and recommend it to anyone looks for an OCC.
Awesome! Glad to see that you got it installed so quickly! Can looks great and right at home in your engine bay. I'll pass your suggestions on to the engineers!

When we ship to Canada it is weird. Some stuff gets there in 3 days and other stuff can take up to a week and a half. USPS does what they want.

You will not be disappointed man! I ordered natural finish cause I figured it might be the most in stock ready to go haha, hate waiting for parts :) the install took less then 1 hour, super straight forward.
[like]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Received my red CC and it looks pretty. It screams quality...kudos to Boomba for supporting our beloved FiST but I cant see myself getting excited for a piece of hardware that should have came straight from Ford. Im new to turbo cars and the first time I saw oil dripping out my intake I almost freaked out. That $190 could have been spent on a better more satisfying mod. My small rant is not towards Boomba at all, so thank you for supporting our car!

MOFiST

Received my red CC and it looks pretty. It screams quality...kudos to Boomba for supporting our beloved FiST but I cant see myself getting excited for a piece of hardware that should have came straight from Ford. Im new to turbo cars and the first time I saw oil dripping out my intake I almost freaked out. That $190 could have been spent on a better more satisfying mod. My small rant is not towards Boomba at all, so thank you for supporting our car!
Are you still getting oil in the intake? Are you considering Boomba's other can? I've seen a couple of guys with this issue but when I looked at mine recently it was dry.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Oil in intake is no good, hate to say it but that usually points to turbo seals on the way out man.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #193
Thanks for the support and thanks for choosing Boomba!

Boomba,
How much would it be for this to be truly Plug and Play??
I don't want to cut my factory hoses, so would there be an option for Boomba to supply these with purchase?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Boomba,
How much would it be for this to be truly Plug and Play??
I don't want to cut my factory hoses, so would there be an option for Boomba to supply these with purchase?
I wish I would have known factory hoses needed to be cut.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Are you still getting oil in the intake? Are you considering Boomba's other can? I've seen a couple of guys with this issue but when I looked at mine recently it was dry.
No only that one time. Ive been checking periodically and its been dry.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #199
Ok thanks. Thats good to know.
Question tho...how the heck do you open the can to empty out the fluid?
You can check the level of the contents of the can by looking at the sight glass on the side of the catch can. The way to drain the can is to loosen one of the mounting screws on the catch can bracket, slide the entire assembly up, and access the 1/8" NPT plug on the bottom of the can.

Plugs as seen here: