Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing's Auxiliary Fuel Rail System - Released

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Updated: 1/18/2016

2014 + Fiesta ST Auxiliary Fuel Rail System

MSRP: $315

http://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-auxiliary-fuel-rail-system/

Fiesta_ST_Aux_Fuel_Rail_WEB__56063_1453149683_1280_1280.jpg

12493918_668088923294264_3379972859608363199_o.jpg

12513492_668088933294263_129816332351806029_o.jpg

Introducing our Auxiliary Fuel Rail System for the 2014 + Fiesta ST

This auxiliary fuel system is meant to work in conjunction with the OEM fuel system on your car in order to support higher horsepower builds and to assist in the cleaning of your intake valves. This system is based off of our intake manifold spacer [horsepower and torque gains from that] with provision for a dual rail fuel set-up to promote even pressure of fuel. A port injection set-up like this is much safer than a throttle body injector due to the fact that no fuel can pool and ignite in the manifold when spraying directly into the cylinder.

Included is the following:

Intake manifold spacer with four 1/8” NPT ports and four fuel injector ports

Dual fuel rail threaded for AN6 plugs or fittings

Two plugs with o-rings

All necessary mounting hardware

O-rings and receptacles made to accept a 50mm tall injector with a Bosch style plug

The goal here is to allow the end user to build their own set-up that will cater to a variety of set-ups. NOT included in the kit are injectors or a controller.

As always this product is designed and manufactured 100% in-house in the USA.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Boomba Racing's Auxiliary Fuel Kit - Available Soon

Also, what size injectors? Testing being done? What standalone is going to be used? I assume the hose is going to have a T-fitting? Or is there going to be a fuel line to connect the rails?

I did a little math and I think a 65lb injector would be enough for a 450whp e85 tune and would probably require an upgrade of the in tank pump.

At some point you'll need a bigger fuel line from the tank forward.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Looks beautiful:)

But, with one injector per cylinder and two valves, one gets the cleaning of extra fuel, the other....?

Please consider making an 8 injector setup option for those wanting to take care of the other valves:)

Rick

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Looks beautiful:)

But, with one injector per cylinder and two valves, one gets the cleaning of extra fuel, the other....?

I guess that could be addressed with WMI on the other port or figure out how to clean the other valves the best and safest way.

Sorry if not totally satisfied with this solution though very nicely done in other respects, not including tuning, etc.....
What if one just wants auxiliary fuel for more power rather than valve cleaning? I personally want an auxiliary fuel set up because I want to stop going lean beyond 23psi. Valve cleaning is a cool benefit of an auxiliary fuel system but, not something I'm worried about. (that's what catch cans and decarb services are for right?)

Personally, I prefer this to the stratified/DHM throttle body injection. (The thought of a fuel puddle and an explosion of the intake manifold scares me) I know you own the stratified set up which is awesome, just not for me.
In the end these are all bandaids. Atleast, until someone releases and upgraded hpfp for our cars.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I sold the 5th injector and bought a WMI setup that will take care of, at least I hope, cleaning the valves and fueling the GT2560R billet wheel turbo:)

Since no recommended valve cleaning process by Ford that means no warranty coverage for those wanting to have it and it is a known issue.

I do not care about warranties myself but what about those those that need it?

Boomba makes some beautiful products, just wish it fixed the serious issue of dirty valves better.

twolf

I sold the 5th injector and bought a WMI setup that will take care of, at least I hope, cleaning the valves and fueling the GT2560R billet wheel turbo:)

Since no recommended valve cleaning process by Ford that means no warranty coverage for those wanting to have it and it is a known issue.

I do not care about warranties myself but what about those those that need it?

I agree that we are dealing in band aids at the moment and I was very against WMI from prior experiences but things have gotten much better.

I plan to use window washer fluid instead of hauling around jugs of methanol as my power requirements will work out fine with it.

Boomba makes some beautiful products but sometimes we have to look at all the aspects of what is being done to make sure it fits our particular needs and this will for some but perhaps not for all.
Learn me on this. What kind of wiper fluid do you use? I'm guessing there's some chemical in it that you need to look for. How often do you have to refill the tank?

Learn me on this. What kind of wiper fluid do you use? I'm guessing there's some chemical in it that you need to look for. How often do you have to refill the tank?
The winter washer fluid i believe is 30% methanol and 70% water.

twolf

The winter washer fluid i believe is 30% methanol and 70% water.
ahh okay, so I was right in thinking it's not some normal wiper fluid. I don't know if they even sell that stuff in Georgia, considering the weather here. Hah.

Young L

Maybe im just simple minded but how come nobody is making bigger injectors and fuel pumps? Has anyone looked into seeing if the Focus ST injectors or pumps are compatible?

twolf

Maybe im just simple minded but how come nobody is making bigger injectors and fuel pumps? Has anyone looked into seeing if the Focus ST injectors or pumps are compatible?
http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/fuel-system/mazdaspeed-fuel-pump-internals

Been done for the Mazdaspeed, it's a matter of time before it happens for the Ecoboost, I'd think.

The problem is that their HPFP is, uh, servicable so you can take it apart and replace the piston. Ours isn't. (From my understanding)