Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost surge? Leak? Where to start?

OP
T
Thread Starter #41
Maybe even touch positive and negative battery cables together while disconnected and wait a full 30 minutes? Then simply ask the dealer if they will flash it back to stock? Then you can start fresh and see if you continue to throw codes, but you're also getting some good advice in case their really is some problems so keep us posted!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a shot. I'm thinking that the new Accessport will help out. I bet the tune on the vehicle is a little too aggressive. We will see though! I'll keep you all posted!

OP
T
Thread Starter #43
Keep us posted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
So I got the Accessport relicensed and loaded the stage 1 ots map..... Consistent boost, no surge, no loss of power, no flutter. Maybe the issue was a very bad tune left on the car? Either way I beat on the car pretty hard today and it was good. Here's to hoping that fixed it haha! Thanks again for all the suggestions and help!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So I got the Accessport relicensed and loaded the stage 1 ots map..... Consistent boost, no surge, no loss of power, no flutter. Maybe the issue was a very bad tune left on the car? Either way I beat on the car pretty hard today and it was good. Here's to hoping that fixed it haha! Thanks again for all the suggestions and help!
Good to hear! It certainly appears that a tune was left on it that was meant for other kind of mods/fuel.... Can you tell us what the re-licensing cost is in case it comes up?

OP
T
Thread Starter #45
Good to hear! It certainly appears that a tune was left on it that was meant for other kind of mods/fuel.... Can you tell us what the re-licensing cost is in case it comes up?

250 bucks. That's only because the Accessport I had was for the Fiesta/Focus. If it was another car I'd have to pay the 250 plus the difference in price of the Accessport. The process was very easy and took minutes to unlock.

Hello community, Not too long ago I did all of the supporting mods to = a full stage 3 along with the cobb ap. recently i started to hear what i believe is a boost leak. It sounds like someone is under the hood of the car with a balloon after 4k RPM. I have checked and rechecked hoses/clamps and everything I did for the modification. What else would cause a sound like this. I am about to replace the stock diverter with one from whoosh. Probably the turbosmart direct bolt on. I am still running the stock turbo.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hello community, Not too long ago I did all of the supporting mods to = a full stage 3 along with the cobb ap. recently i started to hear what i believe is a boost leak. It sounds like someone is under the hood of the car with a balloon after 4k RPM. I have checked and rechecked hoses/clamps and everything I did for the modification. What else would cause a sound like this. I am about to replace the stock diverter with one from whoosh. Probably the turbosmart direct bolt on. I am still running the stock turbo.
I have the direct TurboSmart complete plug and play replacement that is full reirc like stock and with the 2nd Gen now, they are awesome, so definitely can recommend the "VR2 EM Plumb Back"... as far as the leak, man, I honestly never had that problem, even doing my intercooler recently I haven't had any issues.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check the CAT (Charge Air Temp) sensor is tight. I had a TurboTransformer installed for a bit, and when it started to shit the bed it gave me symptoms similar to the noises you're hearing.
SoCal heat had started to warp the housing (of the TT) creating intermittent contact at some of the pins for the CAT sensor. It resulted in a loss of power, intermittent surging and turkey gobble. Once I removed the TT, and left the battery disconnected for ~10 minutes all was fine again
Where is this sensor located?