Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Icon Wiper Blades

Hi All.

Ran into a problem with what I thought would be a simple Install. I bought the recommended sizes (24” and 16”) for the front blades. It seems the adapter for the Bosch Icons is a hook only prong and the Fiesta has a plug in prong.

Am I missing something or did I purchase the wrong set of blades ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XanRules

I haven't bought Icons in a minute but if I remember correctly they will come with adapters to fit other designs, sometimes buried in the package.

When I was shopping for wipers, there were different model numbers for the Bosch Icons I believe.
I looked on Amazon just now and could only find the 24" Icon blade number: 24OE.

Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone besides me put on larger wipers?
I have a 17" and a 26" wiper to cover more of the windshield.

I'm thinking of putting a 28" so that there is no weird gap that causes a drip where they intersect, but I haven't measured if it would work.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
I noticed the only one type on amazon as well. I bought them thinking they would fit and not realizing there were multiple types.

Sucks that amazon charges almost half the price of the blades to return them. Looks like I’ll try and return them to a local shop for different ones unless someone’s says I’m installing it wrong.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi All.

Ran into a problem with what I thought would be a simple Install. I bought the recommended sizes (24” and 16”) for the front blades. It seems the adapter for the Bosch Icons is a hook only prong and the Fiesta has a plug in prong.

Am I missing something or did I purchase the wrong set of blades ?

Just buy the Ford blades from rock auto....I've had fitment issues with Bosch....return that doody and get the OEM Ford blades from Rockauto.

Here's the link....I'm being nice today...retracted statement... They are $15 and shipping!

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...+dohc,3308782,wiper+&+washer,wiper+blade,8852

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I noticed the only one type on amazon as well. I bought them thinking they would fit and not realizing there were multiple types.

Sucks that amazon charges almost half the price of the blades to return them. Looks like I’ll try and return them to a local shop for different ones unless someone’s says I’m installing it wrong.

Tell Amazon they did not fit right, and you are not happy. They will probably give you, your money back and you can keep them.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I bought oversized Michelin Stealth Ultra wiper blades and they have worked flawlessly for about a year.
I got the 26" (model 8526) and the 17" (8517) which do a good job as far as coverage and not damaging my A pillars.

I just bought Bosch wipers for a Prius, a 2015 Taurus and a Volvo XC. I used the book in the parts store and, well none of them fit. I took them back and the parts guy looked them up in the computer and gave me the correct Bosch numbers and blades. Well all fit perfectly and work very well. I suspect you got the wrong style or part number since Fiesta has been around for many years. When you get the correct ones, save the box or the ID# and you won't be disappointed.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I've been using Bosch wiper blades for a very long time on all my vehicles mainly because they are quiet and last a long time. I changed my wiper blades on my 2015 FiST not long after I bought it when it was new and they are just now ready to replace (which is what brought me to this thread). I think I might try that idea about getting a slightly larger size.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Sam4

Fitting wiper blades is not the easy task one thinks. Just figuring out you may need to open the hood (on an Audi for instance) to allow the wiper arm to fully extend from the windshield to remove/replace the blade takes brain matter. True story - my foreign car parts store - AutoMetrics in the 80's. Had to fit dozens of blades if I wanted to keep them sold.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fitting wiper blades is not the easy task one thinks. Just figuring out you may need to open the hood (on an Audi for instance) to allow the wiper arm to fully extend from the windshield to remove/replace the blade takes brain matter. True story - my foreign car parts store - AutoMetrics in the 80's. Had to fit dozens of blades if I wanted to keep them sold.
If you are real good and well rehearsed...it can be done with the hood still closed*