Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake issue

TheStig

So my car has just a tad over 1800 miles now. And I ran the vehicle diagnostic report through the sync system just for the heck of it to see what it looked like. Low and behold it says my brakes need serviced, stating that my brake light should be on the dash telling me that there is an issue, but no lights are on. Ive noticed no fade in the brakes or awkward feeling. My dealer is a good hour away from me in traffic and I cannot be without a car for a day, has anyone else run into this issue and what fixed it?

On a side note my car did two funny things the past week. 1. It set the alarm off shortly after I started it and I had to use the fob to shut it up, I may have depressed the lock button or something in my pocket but doubtful. And #2 it tried to call someone all on its own multiple times one day. I started the car and tried to change the radio station and all the sudden it came up saying calling "my phone". Neither my personal nor my work phone have anything on it called my phone as a contact. I had to shut the car off to get it to stop.

Wondering if she is having a stroke...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I haven't ran the diagnotic yet but I'll report back later on if I'm getting the same results.

Have you called up your dealer yet? they might be able to provide you with a loaner because this is a sync system issue.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #3
I haven't ran the diagnotic yet but I'll report back later on if I'm getting the same results.

Have you called up your dealer yet? they might be able to provide you with a loaner because this is a sync system issue.
I have to call them today. I may as well have an earl change done too if its there and possibly see if it needs a slight alignment. Not to mention the DMV seems to think I still own my Mazda and don't have tags on it LOL. I guess the dealer didn't turn in the sold notice.

I ran a report the other day and just went to access it online and it's making me schedule a service to view the report?

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #7
That is odd, it lets me view the report and doesn't make me schedule a service

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Was your parking brake set when you ran said test ? and I am leaning towards the cat having a party in the back as the issue ... LOL seriously a E brake will set the brake issue flag..

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #9
Was your parking brake set when you ran said test ? and I am leaning towards the cat having a party in the back as the issue ... LOL seriously a E brake will set the brake issue flag..
It was, so does that mean that Ford wants us to "send" this report while we are in motion. That's about he only time my parking brake isn't set.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
That is odd man, the brake thing is probably no big deal. The random phone call thing is probably just MFT freaking out. It does use Adobe, so it probably needs like 17 new updates or something lol
Still, you do have a warranty, and if its of concern to you it might be worth the trip to the dealer.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #11
yeah im not too heavily worried unless it repeats that action. It was annoying that was all, didn't cause it to burst into flames or veer off the road.

I did the vehicle report again this time with it running and parking brake off, see if that changes what the report said.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #12
it was the e-brake. Good call sir, second report i ran with the e-brake off came back with no issues

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Leaving it in gear without the ebrake set wont hold it ? not sure about running but guess we will fund out.. personally I like flames just not on nice cars like the FiST unless they are a wrap or old school painted on ;)

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #15
Ive never left a car in gear, my mom used to do it sometimes when she drove my car and it killed me because i would start it and let off the clutch and it would lunge forward. I look at see its in first and im just like damnit i should have known she leaves all her cars in gear.

I park, neutral, e-brake. Everytime.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well i meant just while ya was running the program then button it up like always but as log as you got it figured out its all good ...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
haha I got the same message with the ebrake too

First: Return to your vehicle and start the engine. Check to see if the brake system warning light stays on after a few seconds. If it does, check to see if the parking brake is set. If the parking brake is set, apply the vehicle's service (regular) brakes, make sure the vehicle is in (P) Park (vehicles with an automatic transmission), then release the parking brake. Check to see if the warning light remains on or if it turns off.
brakes-and-suspension.png

Ive never left a car in gear, my mom used to do it sometimes when she drove my car and it killed me because i would start it and let off the clutch and it would lunge forward. I look at see its in first and im just like damnit i should have known she leaves all her cars in gear.

I park, neutral, e-brake. Everytime.
My dad would do the same thing in my Speed3. I only leave it in gear if Im parked on a steep hill. Glad the e-brake fixed it for you..