Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake kit suggestions

Looking to upgrade my brakes on my fiesta, would like to see any suggestions you guys have for me any info would be much appreciated TIA

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Most of the big brake kits (except for Ron's {Whoosh Motorsports}) are quite a bit of coin, just for their aesthetics. [:(]

Depending on the wheels used, most of them also call for wheel spacers to be used in order to clear the calipers/mounts, IF that is a negative, or a 'no-go' for you.

Go with the Wilwood kit for street, IMO. Its low cost, cheap replacement parts and consumables, it is good enough for some track duty, fills the wheel up, and even fits with some 15" wheels if needed. I do not know if you need spacers for stock wheels, but not big ones if any. You can read our experience in our build thread in the signature. But honestly, a set of EBC Blue NDX in front should be enough for street with any useable power level.... again in my experience and opinion.

JCM

I have been looking at the GoldCoast rotor upgrade kit (bigger rotors, caliper adaptor, uses stock caliper) but I can’t get a response from them.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I have been looking at the GoldCoast rotor upgrade kit (bigger rotors, caliper adaptor, uses stock caliper) but I can’t get a response from them.
Pretty sure that guy passed away last I heard.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Gold Coast stopped fulfilling orders about a year ago. Do not order from them.

Last fall I cooked the factory brakes after a few lap sessions(nothing insanely high-speed) 110mph was the max allowed and upgraded with a power stop kit rotors and pads. While not as aggressive as other kits I've used with other vehicles the consistency and resistance to fade has been leaps and bounds better than stock and alot less dust. Also factory rear pads seem to last maybe up to 2 oil changes depending on driving style (I'm very aggressive if opportunity allows) lol very soft and the torque vectoring does a number on them. My power stop pads are nearing end of life but it will be somewhere around my 3rd or 4th oil change I'll need to replace them. The crossdrilled and slotted rotors while factory diameter have held up very well with hardly a change in thickness (run out) and unless you're going to do a lot of high speed track days a big brake kit might not necesary. I plan on upgrading to stainless lines next for better pedal feel and consistency (wife's R53 Mini has them and wow!!).

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Last fall I cooked the factory brakes after a few lap sessions(nothing insanely high-speed) 110mph was the max allowed and upgraded with a power stop kit rotors and pads. While not as aggressive as other kits I've used with other vehicles the consistency and resistance to fade has been leaps and bounds better than stock and alot less dust. Also factory rear pads seem to last maybe up to 2 oil changes depending on driving style (I'm very aggressive if opportunity allows) lol very soft and the torque vectoring does a number on them. My power stop pads are nearing end of life but it will be somewhere around my 3rd or 4th oil change I'll need to replace them. The crossdrilled and slotted rotors while factory diameter have held up very well with hardly a change in thickness (run out) and unless you're going to do a lot of high speed track days a big brake kit might not necesary. I plan on upgrading to stainless lines next for better pedal feel and consistency (wife's R53 Mini has them and wow!!).
I noticed you are in MA - I have barely used EBC rotors/pads for sale if you were ever interested.

I noticed you are in MA - I have barely used EBC rotors/pads for sale if you were ever interested.
All set for now but thanks for the offer dude😃. What I gotta do is get on my wife's Mini for pads and rotors lol they are so dead even a zombie apocalypse wouldnt resurrect them😂😂😂.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm running PowerStop cross drilled and vented discs and pads For the price, just under $400 for all 4 corners and less brake dust, I'm more than happy with them.

JCM

Pretty sure that guy passed away last I heard.
Yeah that would explain it I suppose … his last update on FB was 2018. Phone number still rings (goes to a voice mail with no outgoing message).
Anyone have any idea what rotors he was using?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah that would explain it I suppose … his last update on FB was 2018. Phone number still rings (goes to a voice mail with no outgoing message).
Anyone have any idea what rotors he was using?
Not sure but a couple people on here run them. Pumaspeed sells a similar kit still.

I have an Unused Goldcoast kit...
Not sure what it's worth? I tried to use it on my SE and when I would bolt on the Wheels they wouldn't spin. Does these fit the ST and allow bigger brakes for the ST?
Sorry to HiJack your thread.

JCM

I have an Unused Goldcoast kit...
Not sure what it's worth? I tried to use it on my SE and when I would bolt on the Wheels they wouldn't spin. Does these fit the ST and allow bigger brakes for the ST?
Sorry to HiJack your thread.
I might be interested in that …