Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake light on dash randomly turns on and off

Today driving on the same stretch of road going to work and coming back the brake light (parking) lit up an turned off a second later. The parking brake was fully down. Anyone have any ideas what to check before I have to take it to a dealer? Loose sensor?

J2FoRS

Today driving on the same stretch of road going to work and coming back the brake light (parking) lit up an turned off a second later. The parking brake was fully down. Anyone have any ideas what to check before I have to take it to a dealer? Loose sensor?
This has happened to me twice in the year I've owned the car. The first time I had no idea what just happened. The second I was caught off guard by a new crack/hole in the road and the little FiSTs rough suspension took a sharp hit and the e brake lever must have bumped just enough to activate the sensor but not engage. I tapped the lever and it went away. If you play with the lever you'll see the light will activate with the slightest upward pressure on it even before engaging the brake itself. Could have just been that for you, could be any other number of issues.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
my first thoughts are exactly what is written above, check brake fluid level and make sure the hand brake is all the way down. Possible loose connection at the hand brake if the light comes and goes.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys, It looks like my brake pads were worn down anyways so I had my local mecanic replace all 4 pads with mountune rs-r pads. the light didnt show up on my drive in to work so hopefully its was an early warning that I need to check my pads.

To resurrect an old thread, my car's doing the same thing. I know my pads are pretty worn. Do these cars have a way of sensing pad thickness? (I do need to check my fluid level.)