Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake pad HELP!

Hey Guys, Swapped out to some new EBC pads and rotors this weekend. But I think I wiffed on getting the correct inside/outside orientation for the pads on the front.

A: is this a big deal?

B: Which pads go on the inside vs outside. I believe they're pinned differently.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I can't honestly say about EBC as I only use OEM pads.
However the OEM are clearly marked INNER and OUTER.
There is also a difference in the placement of rivets on the backing plates.
Again, not sure why but a manufacturer would not make them different without a reason.

If it were me, I would recheck my work.

Also the inner pads may be slightly longer life as they are on the loaded side and wear quicker than the outer pads. I got mine round the wrong way as I was rushing in my lunch break so had to swap them round..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, I managed to get 2 outers on one side and 2 inners on another. Only 2 days wear on them so hopefully they'll still bed in ok. Braking does seem improved. ??????

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Looking forward to reading your review of these pads. I used YellowStuff on my previous car; they were great but filthy (lol). Hoping the RedStuff will compare well with the stockers and have less dust!

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Well, now that they they're on right they seem pretty good. More linear that the stock pads. I think it'll take a few miles for them to bed and contact the rotor completely. Probably won't be able to speak to dust for a while as Ohio is pretty filthy in the winter and my winter wheels are bronze so they don't show much dust.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Well, now that they they're on right they seem pretty good. More linear that the stock pads. I think it'll take a few miles for them to bed and contact the rotor completely. Probably won't be able to speak to dust for a while as Ohio is pretty filthy in the winter and my winter wheels are bronze so they don't show much dust.
Bedding procedures that I am familiar with require getting the rotors and pads really hot, closer to 1000F. So, this means repetitive hard braking from high speeds - not something you would be able to do on the street.

I'm running Carbotechs XP10 tho on a WW BBK, though. These can be had with no bedding required.

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
Bedding procedures that I am familiar with require getting the rotors and pads really hot, closer to 1000F. So, this means repetitive hard braking from high speeds - not something you would be able to do on the street.

I'm running Carbotechs XP10 tho on a WW BBK, though. These can be had with no bedding required.
EBC has a weird "EZ Bed" goop they put on the pads where you're supposed to driver normally for a while and then do a standard bed-in. Never heard of having to get them that hot to bed (maybe for track pads?) usually they say to 4 or 5 runs from 40 to 20 or 60 to 20 in a row.