Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RTS RT62 Fast Road & Track Brake Pads - Any Reviews?

Following for more info,
From what I'm seeing at a quick glance;
The brake coefficient seems a little low. (I'm a hawk fan for their lower pricing, good bang to buck imo)
The brake coefficient on these listed is 0.41 according to whoosh listing.
Hawk HPS pad have just over a 0.50 rating which is advertised as their street pads
Hawk HP+ pads are closer to 0.55 rating which are advertised as street 2 track pads.
It is worth noting all 4 corners of RTS pads is the basically the same price as hawk pads on one axle. So these come in at around half the cost of Hawks.
(If I was running ST size brakes I would give these a shot to compare, but unfortunately that will be held off until next year at least)

felopr

- i would love to know what materials are they made from, like semi metalic or ceramic
- do they come with supportive hardware, etc

If you are like 90% daily with a 10% hoon, i would go with another option like powerstop z23 o z26
virtually the same stopping power as stock but less initial bite and practically 0 dust compare to oem
comes with shims, boots and grease while being cheaper

OP
HAHAFiST
Thread Starter #4
Following for more info,
From what I'm seeing at a quick glance;
The brake coefficient seems a little low. (I'm a hawk fan for their lower pricing, good bang to buck imo)
The brake coefficient on these listed is 0.41 according to whoosh listing.
Hawk HPS pad have just over a 0.50 rating which is advertised as their street pads
Hawk HP+ pads are closer to 0.55 rating which are advertised as street 2 track pads.
It is worth noting all 4 corners of RTS pads is the basically the same price as hawk pads on one axle. So these come in at around half the cost of Hawks.
(If I was running ST size brakes I would give these a shot to compare, but unfortunately that will be held off until next year at least)
Yeah by the sounds of it, these don’t sound much like a double duty pad. I would think basically the same thing as the HPS 5.0 with maybe even less bite. I think I will pass on them. I currently have EBC yellows and would like something similar to those

felopr

Yeah by the sounds of it, these don’t sound much like a double duty pad. I would think basically the same thing as the HPS 5.0 with maybe even less bite. I think I will pass on them. I currently have EBC yellows and would like something similar to those
How are the ebc yellows in the dust department? How do you use your car? Mostly daily, daily and autocross or mostly track?
I used to do some track days on a civic with ebc yellows, i like how they brake but where dusty and i left the dust on the rims for a while, it would fuck the wheels

OP
HAHAFiST
Thread Starter #6
How are the ebc yellows in the dust department? How do you use your car? Mostly daily, daily and autocross or mostly track?
I used to do some track days on a civic with ebc yellows, i like how they brake but where dusty and i left the dust on the rims for a while, it would fuck the wheels
They’re dusty for sure. Most aggressive pads are. I use them because of wanting them for autocross primarily, and a handful of canyon runs that I do annually with a couple groups. To me they are a great pad for street and HPDE. The dust does not bug me whatsoever. I just care about how they perform.

Last edited: