Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake pads

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Just like I say when talking about tunes.... I beat the crap out of this car. This is with zero road course days also.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Pads designed to work as well as they do just never last real long, neither to tires, fuel, etc........just they way it is, we pay to play and then keep on paying and paying and paying but have great fun so paying is worth it:)

I agree with you 100%!!! People keep saying that all performance brake pads shed dust. Not true!!! I have driven both an '04 SVT Cobra, and an'06 Z06 Corvette......both high performance cars, and neither of these car's brake pads shed material like the ST OEM brake pads......not even close!! I bought the car as a daily driver.....not a track car. Besides the dust, these pads are not going to last very long no matter how light you are on the brake pedal.

People keep saying this......all performance brakes have lots of dust. That is simply not true! I assume you will agree that an '04 SVT Cobra, and an '06 Z06 Corvette are high performance cars. I drove both for a number of years. Neither had brake dust issues anywhere close to the OEM ST pads! Besides the dust, the pads are "grabby" at low speeds. They are just not good pads for day to day street use!

me32

1000 Post Club
I agree with you 100%!!! People keep saying that all performance brake pads shed dust. Not true!!! I have driven both an '04 SVT Cobra, and an'06 Z06 Corvette......both high performance cars, and neither of these car's brake pads shed material like the ST OEM brake pads......not even close!! I bought the car as a daily driver.....not a track car. Besides the dust, these pads are not going to last very long no matter how light you are on the brake pedal.
The stock pads of the 04 cobra sucked. They had really bad fade when used in performance driving.They were no were near as good compound as the st. Also the 06 z06 vette runs 6 piston calipers front and rear so they are able to get a way with a pad thats not so rough. Your not comparing apples to apples hear.

me32

1000 Post Club
Do you guys have a preference for aftermarket brake pads for the FiST?
So far there are not many options yet. For guys that cant handle the dust I would recommend going with autozone cmax gold pads that are low dust pads.

iso100

1000 Post Club
The awesome ST pads have already saved my car twice in the last 4 days.

Once was on an exit ramp at night when a deer ran out in front of me.

The other time was today when someone pulled out of their driveway while I was going 50.

Great initial bite and zero fade. I'll just wash my car every week.

That may be, but I am simply trying to speak for many of us who bought the car for a fun daily driver......not a pseudo race car. These pads and their dust are just not necessary for daily driving on public highways. I drove the Cobra, and had a lot of fun with it, and never had a brake fade issue......because I drove it at (mostly) legal speeds.....with maybe an occasional freeway onramp grand prix. :) I am not saying the OEM pads are no good, just that for many of us, they are overkill! Okay?

What about some kind of rim nanolex protection or plasti dip and a big water blaster? At least the OEM rims have big spokes

So far there are not many options yet. For guys that cant handle the dust I would recommend going with autozone cmax gold pads that are low dust pads.
Thanks for the info, I don't mind so much the dust, it may seem excessive at times, but braking is a must... How about a set of pads that regardless of dust, cab perform at par with or better than stock?

It is better to have options and then choose accordingly IMO.

Thanks for the info!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Those pads are not available for the FiST.

me32

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the info, I don't mind so much the dust, it may seem excessive at times, but braking is a must... How about a set of pads that regardless of dust, cab perform at par with or better than stock?

Thanks for the info!
Im not sure if hawk pads are out yet for the fist but I've had good luck with them on street cars in the past both the hps an ceramic

me32

1000 Post Club

Thanks for the info!
Im not sure if hawk pads are out yet for the fist but I've had good luck with them on street cars in the past both the hps an ceramic