Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

brake system re-plumbing

OP
A
Thread Starter #21
What did you end up using for suspension?
Did you go all-out and get the $8K+ R2 Reiger gravel setup, or settle on something else??

I am now hearing (from O.D.D. Racing in Colorado, the new M-Sport dealer in the U.S., now that TON is out of the game) that one MUST replace the ST front uprights/knuckles in order to use the M-Sport/Bilstein R1/R2 'National' level suspension kit, making me think twice about that setup. [:(]
ended up installing M-Sport Bilsteins. bought two sets from Europe. cost landed exactly $3000 Canadian = $2500 USD
yes, that cheap and they're half decent. bent two knuckles and two control arms already but struts are still good.
and yes, i had to settle with n/a Fiesta knuckles and still had to shave some off the bottom inner part of the strut body
no biggie, trust me.
also i swapped rear suspension with n/a Fiesta's because it has more travel/clearance and more flexible.
both were easy thing to do considering i bought the whole donor/parts car( 2014 ) with fucked up rad,engine/tranny for $200
even better: i now have roof and hatch door which i have to replace anyway and all the good doors ( i need one now)
and front end which hopefully i will never need LOL.

Attachments

OP
A
Thread Starter #22
What did you end up using for suspension?
Did you go all-out and get the $8K+ R2 Reiger gravel setup, or settle on something else??

I am now hearing (from O.D.D. Racing in Colorado, the new M-Sport dealer in the U.S., now that TON is out of the game) that one MUST replace the ST front uprights/knuckles in order to use the M-Sport/Bilstein R1/R2 'National' level suspension kit, making me think twice about that setup. [:(]
I was pretty sure i did reply but some how don't see it???
when posted again i see my first post but deleted a new post and don't see the first one.
isn't that weird????
anyway here we go again!: i used n/a uprights with M-Sport Bilstein gravel kit.
still had to shave some metal of the bottom of the struts. no big deal.
they're not bad and hold the abuse.
Paid about $2.500 USD shipped and taxes paid, delivered to my door
got two sets: one was for a friend.
Got it from Europe. I buy lots of performance parts from Europe because locally they marked up to 40% if not more and that's ridiculous!

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was pretty sure i did reply but some how don't see it???
when posted again i see my first post but deleted a new post and don't see the first one.
isn't that weird????
anyway here we go again!: i used n/a uprights with M-Sport Bilstein gravel kit.
still had to shave some metal of the bottom of the struts. no big deal.
they're not bad and hold the abuse.
Paid about $2.500 USD shipped and taxes paid, delivered to my door
got two sets: one was for a friend.
Got it from Europe. I buy lots of performance parts from Europe because locally they marked up to 40% if not more and that's ridiculous!
Yeah, I was going to ask if you got a full set each of their gravel, AND tarmac setups, after that top post. ;)
Did you buy this direct from M-Sport in POLAND (which now handles ALL of the R1/R2 parts/prep/etc.), or another Euro source??
Does the threading on the fronts appear to have enough adjustment as to enable about a half inch lower than static factory ST ride height, without killing the wheel travel, if one used the M-Sport/Eibach tarmac springs?
With the gravel springs, just how high OVER the factory ride height can one go with this setup (1", 1.5")?
Did you use the stock top mounts, or fab up your own, and did you reinforce the top of the front strut towers with steel plate, or use the available, optional M-Sport kit supplied ones?

OP
A
Thread Starter #25
Yeah, I was going to ask if you got a full set each of their gravel, AND tarmac setups, after that top post. ;)
Did you buy this direct from M-Sport in POLAND (which now handles ALL of the R1/R2 parts/prep/etc.), or another Euro source??
Does the threading on the fronts appear to have enough adjustment as to enable about a half inch lower than static factory ST ride height, without killing the wheel travel, if one used the M-Sport/Eibach tarmac springs?
With the gravel springs, just how high OVER the factory ride height can one go with this setup (1", 1.5")?
Did you use the stock top mounts, or fab up your own, and did you reinforce the top of the front strut towers with steel plate, or use the available, optional M-Sport kit supplied ones?
1. just gravel springs.
difference in tarmac setup: tarmac spring w/out messing with struts/shocks
2 plenty of thread to lower or raise by 2" at least
3 using stock mounts but they're weak, i blew two of them already. but those were big rants.
would rather go with aftermarket top hats.
4. towers are reinforced with welding cut-offs from a donor car and i welded them from the inside.
oh, they came from Poland

Ford Community Posts