Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brakes are mush - apparent leakage

EDIT2: I believe the loosening of the fastener on the brake line was because the U shaped clip was loose itself resulting in vibrations that loosened the fastener. Most likely the fastener should have been tightened more during installation. That combination of things resulted in the brake squish. Now on to bleeding them. 🤬

EDIT: I included a photo of a drip of fluid at the top fastener of the brake line. I was just able to tighten it so I’m wondering If it was too loose. The area of the big wet spot is on top of the clip and that hose so I’m thinking It was definitely the pressure causing the fluid to squirt out at it. It looks like the right angle.

Any advice as to anything else I should look at?

Hey hey, I just replaced all of my Whoosh brake lines with a new set. One of the last ones split. Yesterday I noticed my brakes getting squishy. After peeking through my wheels, I noticed the brake line was wet on the rear passenger side.

Taking the wheel off revealed a large wet spot where the caliper line (not sure of the proper name) is clipped to the frame.

Please take a look at the photo. The arrow points to where there is fluid on the brake line. The circle shows the big wet spot.

I’m not sure if the huge wet spot is from the fluid being pressurized and squirting out of the new brake line.

Please help! Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
I just replaced mine to but the rear right isn't fitting. did you notice something similar too, the other 3 went on pretty easy.