Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brand New 2019 Ford Fiesta ST

recently got a new Fiesta ST and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm fairly new to modding cars and was interested in what mods would actually void a warranty. I would eventually like to add some HP and Torque a bit. Nothing too crazy... but being a bit faster would be fun in this little thing. Anyway, I will be looking through the forums, as I am new to this as well. thanks in advance!

OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #4
I definitely will be look into that! Looking to go to any local meetups if time allows it. I'd love to meet other Fiesta ST owners...
I've had the car for a little over a month and I love this thing!

Congrats!!

What will and won't void the warranty is a tricky thing. If the dealership can point to something you've done as having caused the problem, that will void it. Tune using a Cobb Accessport? Definitely can void your warranty.
I would do your due diligence, look into the Moss-Magnussen Act, and know that whatever you that's not cosmetic has the potential to void your warranty.

That all being said, I went stage 2 w/ a tune from Dizzy and just got a new transmission under warranty. Did the time cause the transmission bearing to go bad? Probably not. Could Ford have said that I flashed a tune onto the ECU and added power which put stress on the transmission and this void my warranty? Maybe.

Have I put any of my tune stuff back on? No, and I'm not sure I plan to. I like the warranty paying for stuff that breaks.

A lot comes down to what all you've done and the dealership you go to.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum! [emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Honestly, the engine itself is near bulletproof, it has been pushed to nearly double its stock power quite often, safely. However, sadly, as you shouldn't HAVE to on a new car, one of the first things you should do is replace the transmission fluid with 2L of an approved fluid. Either the Ford OEM that is actually DCT fluid, so I decided to go with Ravenol MTF-2, a Ford approved gear oil. They are often quite infamously under-filled at the factory and it's a pain to convince Ford that they need to check it new so it's best to just do it yourself. You will avoid gear whine and complete failures this way.

If you just want a little power, nothing wrong with going with a Cobb Accessport and running their free Stage 2 (their mod requirements for Stage 1-2 are meaningless) or adding a Dizzy Stage 1 should be quite safe. Most people upgrade the rear engine roll restrictor, what we call the "RMM" to handle the additional torque as we have such a tiny turbo, it makes tons of torque easily.

Congrats on the new ride! I got mine 16 months ago and still love it! I ended up doing more mods than I thought I would, just keep in mind traditional mods like intake and exhaust add VERY little power, just a 30% ethanol blend tune maxes the stock turbo out without any mods, but an intercooler upgrade, especially in sunny and warn SoCal would be the one to consider the most after your RMM.

Last edited:
OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #9
Thanks to all you guys! Wow I’m loving how open and dope the community is. Thanks for this info. I will definitely do my research before doing any power mods at the moment. Focusing on the cosmetic portion for now till I figure out what I actually want. These threads are loaded with knowledge! So thanks to everyone! Hope to see some of y’all on the street!

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's a fun car, bone stock.
There's a huge aftermarket, so your only limit is what you're willing to spend.
Take your time and read up on what people have done, and keep an eye on the classifieds.
Break it in, change the oil, and just get used to it, then start modding slowly.

Welcome!

Fellow new 19 owner here, I’m in the same boat
I just hit 1000 miles today
I want to do intake, turbo-back exhaust, intercooler and Cobb AP and run E30

Probably just going to K&N drop in, short shifter and shift knob and some lightweight 15” or 16” wheels and tires
Nothing that should void the warranty

HI ALL

New to the forum......from the northwest of England

just wondering if there is any other guys and girls from my neck of the woods here in the UK?

recently got my self a brand new 2019 MK8 fiesta ST and looking for recommendations for performance/tunner garages that are close to where i live, am looking to get a Milltek Sport GPF Back Exhaust fitted

THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
HI ALL

New to the forum......from the northwest of England

just wondering if there is any other guys and girls from my neck of the woods here in the UK?

recently got my self a brand new 2019 MK8 fiesta ST and looking for recommendations for performance/tunner garages that are close to where i live, am looking to get a Milltek Sport GPF Back Exhaust fitted

THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS
Not many people on this forum from across the pond I don't think, but my dad is actually from Devon if that counts for anything haha.