Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brand new FiST owner!

Hi all,

I just bought a 2016 Fiesta ST today. It's Platinum White, with smoke storm recaros and all the options! It's my first manual car, so the drive home was a bit stressful. Planning on taking it out to a parking lot to get some time in before driving it back to Providence!

I'm in Providence, RI, but I bought the car down in MD.

Pretty excited for this car! Planned mods are vinyl wrapping it olympic blue, ST logo on SYNC 3 v2.2, RMM, accessport, and badge delete.

New for the forums and the car, and I'm excited to get started with it!

Welcome! Hope you can pick up the tricks to a manual quickly. Fortunately the FiST has hill assist turned on automatically, so you shouldn't have any troubles like I did when I first learned :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

OP
U
Thread Starter #9
Welcome! Hope you can pick up the tricks to a manual quickly. Fortunately the FiST has hill assist turned on automatically, so you shouldn't have any troubles like I did when I first learned :)
Sadly I tried using the handbrake which apparently turned hill assist off :p Ended up burning my clutch just a tad... was pretty easy on it afterwards so it should be fine. Starting from a stop on a slight incline, flat, and decline is fine. But those steep hills give me trouble. Maybe I should start budgeting for a clutch job.

Thanks everyone for the welcome wishes!

Sadly I tried using the handbrake which apparently turned hill assist off :p Ended up burning my clutch just a tad... was pretty easy on it afterwards so it should be fine. Starting from a stop on a slight incline, flat, and decline is fine. But those steep hills give me trouble. Maybe I should start budgeting for a clutch job.

Thanks everyone for the welcome wishes!
That would make some sense if using the handbrake to hold on a hill deactivated the assist. I turned it off as soon as I got the car because it was confusing the hell out of me.

My first experience with stopping on a steep hill when I was learning was interesting. Guy in a super duty pulled up inches from my bumper so I had next to no room to roll back. Very stressful.

OP
U
Thread Starter #11
That would make some sense if using the handbrake to hold on a hill deactivated the assist. I turned it off as soon as I got the car because it was confusing the hell out of me.

My first experience with stopping on a steep hill when I was learning was interesting. Guy in a super duty pulled up inches from my bumper so I had next to no room to roll back. Very stressful.
I tried again, this time using hill assist. It worked a lot better :) Eventually, I'll have to learn how to manage without it, but for now, I'll rely on the computer.

OP
U
Thread Starter #16
As requested, here it is in all its on-the-lot just purchased glory:

It's quite a bit dirtier now that it's been driven the 7 hours back.