Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Build advise 350-375 WHP

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #21
What about the cylinder head the early models of the 1.6 EcoBoost engine had issues with the cylinder head cracking.
I believe this was updated in the 2016 models of this engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Oh spooky... Is this a big concern? Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen? Like trying to find a 2016 head potentially?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Oh spooky... Is this a big concern? Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen? Like trying to find a 2016 head potentially?

I would just recommend doing some searches on it and see how you feel about it. I have a 2017 but I remember quite a few posts about the issues with the earlier cylinder heads. And yes you absolutely could go to a different cylinder head.

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #23
I would just recommend doing some searches on it and see how you feel about it. I have a 2017 but I remember quite a few posts about the issues with the earlier cylinder heads. And yes you absolutely could go to a different cylinder head.

A new head would take my whole budget... I'll do some research and see what I can find, thanks for the heads up I had no idea

wetwea33

A new head would take my whole budget... I'll do some research and see what I can find, thanks for the heads up I had no idea

I wouldint worry about the bottom end or heads at the power level you are aiming at. With good maintanace 375whp is perfectly doable with a stock motor. The head warping was not a super common issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #25
I wouldint worry about the bottom end or heads at the power level you are aiming at. With good maintanace 375whp is perfectly doable with a stock motor. The head warping was not a super common issue.

Alright cool, I was worried about even doing the build after hearing this but I'm more confident now.

Side note, will the s280 turbo be able to push 350+ hp with a catles exhaust, Cobb intake, Cobb intercooler and 4 port aux fuel system? Or will I need to go with a big Garrett turbo to get those numbers?

wetwea33

Alright cool, I was worried about even doing the build after hearing this but I'm more confident now.

Side note, will the s280 turbo be able to push 350+ hp with a catles exhaust, Cobb intake, Cobb intercooler and 4 port aux fuel system? Or will I need to go with a big Garrett turbo to get those numbers?

350whp on e50 would be perfectly doable with aux fuel with a good tuner.

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #27
350whp on e50 would be perfectly doable with aux fuel with a good tuner.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks for your input! This thread has made my life so much easier

wetwea33

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks for your input! This thread has made my life so much easier

For the s280 I would suggest tune +. He's tuning my s280 aux setup after switching from my previous tuner. He made 400whp on his shop car on e40 with this turbo at 35psi which is over spinning but 370-380 would be fine.

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #29
For the s280 I would suggest tune +. He's tuning my s280 aux setup after switching from my previous tuner. He made 400whp on his shop car on e40 with this turbo at 35psi which is over spinning but 370-380 would be fine.

Is it something where we send data back and forth? Or do i have to go to his shop?

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #30
Absolutely do not buy the cams. They won't pair with that turbo at all and will just move your power band up and defeat the purpose of rubbing a smaller frame turbo. Not needed.

Back tracking a little but I'm just a little confused. I thought cams meant more air in and more air out which is always good. What makes it not compatible with the s280 turbo?

wetwea33

Back tracking a little but I'm just a little confused. I thought cams meant more air in and more air out which is always good. What makes it not compatible with the s280 turbo?

There would be too much to say in this post you need to do a little bit more research on cams especially in 4 cylinder cars. You would make higher peak numbers but it would shrink your power band. Cams would be better suited on a car with a built engine that can rev higher and a bigger turbo. And yes with e tuning you will send data revisions back and forth.

the aux fuel kit may not be necessary. an HPFP and injectors can get you there. Adam at Tune+ was able to get 400whp on the s280 with that combo.

if you keep it on 100% DI then you don't have to tune two different systems and going to a 93 octane tune is as simple as swapping the tune in the accessport. but thats a bigger issue for me because ethanol is not easily available in my area.

Based off your power goals I'd argue that any engine work isn't necessary, as long as you have a well maintained engine. I would agree on a better clutch though. Something I didn't see mentioned is cooling. Are you on the stock radiator still?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #34
the aux fuel kit may not be necessary. an HPFP and injectors can get you there. Adam at Tune+ was able to get 400whp on the s280 with that combo.

if you keep it on 100% DI then you don't have to tune two different systems and going to a 93 octane tune is as simple as swapping the tune in the accessport. but thats a bigger issue for me because ethanol is not easily available in my area.
Good to know, saving money is always a bonus

OP
Tedicus43
Thread Starter #35
Based off your power goals I'd argue that any engine work isn't necessary, as long as you have a well maintained engine. I would agree on a better clutch though. Something I didn't see mentioned is cooling. Are you on the stock radiator still?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's a rebuilt title and whoever rebuilt it didn't do a very good job because it leaks oil like crazy. I'm definitely doing motor work because I have a hook up and it needs to be refreshed at the very minimum. And yes stock radiator, I'll but that on my parts list