Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bumped a curb - do I need a new tire

Bumped a curb and noticed I tore a small part of the sidewall on my brand new Firehawk. Does this need to be replaced?

I have read that any sidewall damage whatsoever merits a replacement due to risk of blowout, but wanted to make sure before I shell out +$150.

If it has to be replaced, do i need to replace the tires in pairs or can i just replace the single tire?

20210512_201658.jpg 20210512_201638.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bumped a curb and noticed I tore a small part of the sidewall on my brand new Firehawk. Does this need to be replaced?

I have read that any sidewall damage whatsoever merits a replacement due to risk of blowout, but wanted to make sure before I shell out +$150.

If it has to be replaced, do i need to replace the tires in pairs or can i just replace the single tire?

View attachment 40514 View attachment 40515
Na....should be fine*IMO . Where did you buy them? Did they offer a road hazard warranty? If yes....hit them up and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Na....should be fine*IMO . Where did you buy them? Did they offer a road hazard warranty? If yes....hit them up and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I did buy them from Tirerack. I was under the impression that they only covered defects (i.e., if you hit a pothole or curb you are out of luck.)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did buy them from Tirerack. I was under the impression that they only covered defects (i.e., if you hit a pothole or curb you are out of luck.)
I also bought my tires from Tirerack ..But* I brought them too Discount tire to get them installed and they offered a warranty for them even though I didn't buy them through them. I said sure ..Why not. They even mounted and Balanced them for free after I bought their warranty. I've already had excellent service from all the discount tires i have dealt with which to me after spending years in the CSR realm is hard to find.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Luckily, that is right at the thickest area, made to protect the wheel. However, I'd like to see a pic with that chunk bent back so we can see the depth.

OP
F
Thread Starter #11
Yep, you are lucky. "It's only a flesh wound" (monty python and the holy grail)
Makes me happy to hear! As soon as I move out of the city and I am not parallel parking everyday, I am going to have all 4 rims repaired...can't wait.