Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Busted oil line?

Magnetic

Hey guys/gals,

I went to ATTEMPT the AIRTEC inlet install and could not get the existing inlets bolts out. It was too tight for an allen wrench and I dont have many tools. After a bit of stripping I decided it's best to just have my mechanic do it.

Only problem is that I notice a couple things with a rubber line and a connector of some sort. The rubber line looks to have broken. I'm surpised because I didn't really touch it that hard and assume this thing was already on the way out. Anyway my question is, is this an oil line? and what is this connector for? (I couldn't find anywhere to connect it)

Do I just need a new piece of hose? It seems oddly short because if that line in fact was where I've drawn the long arrow, thats a pretty hard 90 degree for that short of rubber line.

The question mark on top comes from an electrical connector of some sort. Thats the connector in questions.

Picture below:

IMG_9521.jpg

Thanks in advance!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys/gals,

I went to ATTEMPT the AIRTEC inlet install and could not get the existing inlets bolts out. It was too tight for an allen wrench and I dont have many tools. After a bit of stripping I decided it's best to just have my mechanic do it.

Only problem is that I notice a couple things with a rubber line and a connector of some sort. The rubber line looks to have broken. I'm surpised because I didn't really touch it that hard and assume this thing was already on the way out. Anyway my question is, is this an oil line? and what is this connector for? (I couldn't find anywhere to connect it)

Do I just need a new piece of hose? It seems oddly short because if that line in fact was where I've drawn the long arrow, thats a pretty hard 90 degree for that short of rubber line.

The question mark on top comes from an electrical connector of some sort. Thats the connector in questions.

Picture below:

View attachment 44434

Thanks in advance!
That's the Boost solenoid* any vacuum line will do to fix it from the local parts store.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #3
That's the Boost solenoid* any vacuum line will do to fix it from the local parts store.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks for the help TF! I take it I cant drive the car to autozone like that right? LoL