Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Butterybunz' Red Mistress from Mexico

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #61
Sorry for so many questions why did you need the spacers?
I didn't need them, I just wanted to push the wheel/tire setup close to the fender. No problem with the questions! Happy to help [thumb]

Edit: once I get my coilovers installed I may remove them so I can go as low as possible without rubbing

You said the offset is +35 in the fronts and +37 rears correct? I'm asking these questions because some advice on this would be good on the 16x8 rota slipstream thing going on in the wheel section of the forum. I'm considering the +35s but might get +38s. If you wouldn't mind can you go over to the page I just mentioned. I appreciate all of your input.

You said the offset is +35 in the fronts and +37 rears correct? I'm asking these questions because some advice on this would be good on the 16x8 rota slipstream thing going on in the wheel section of the forum. I'm considering the +35s but might get +38s. If you wouldn't mind can you go over to the page I just mentioned. I appreciate all of your input. [MENTION=1664]Butterybunz[/MENTION]

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #64
I originally thought my slipstreams where et42, but they are et40. That means the 10mm spacers bring the front to 30et and the 5mm spacers brings the rear to 35mm.

For 16x8 the perfect offset would be 38 in my mind.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #68
Why Atp? Like what made u go with that one? Love to hear your thoughts on why your decision came to this particular one?
I'd love to go DHM Quick Spool but not willing to shell out the $4k. I will be able to get about 290whp on e30 while still maintaining a fast spool with the GT2554r with only a $1600 investment.

Nice I'm looking forward to seeing your results! Someone was just telling me that their friend couldn't make over 260whp with that turbo. It's always a "friend" though...

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #71
May 2016 Update:

I haven't posted in awhile, but a lot has been done to the car! Biggest addition would be an ATP GT2554R turbo upgrade!

I will update the original post with the full mod list

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Do you have any V-Dyno's of the 2554 installed? I've always thought this would be the perfect snail for overall daily driving use but it seems like everyone goes beyond it for bigger power numbers.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #73
I don't have a v dyno. My tuner tells me to expect around 260whp on 91 octane and 290whp on e30. I picked this turbo to keep the spool quick, I've already had 2 AutoX weekends on the setup and it feels great. The biggest thing you notice is that boost and power continues to build until redline where the stock turbo tended to run out of steam.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I was looking into the 2554 but i heard it isn't a very good setup and Doran make good power across he band. Your experience would obviously be more believable as you get to test it out daily. Does it spool like stock or?

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #75
I was looking into the 2554 but i heard it isn't a very good setup and Doran make good power across he band. Your experience would obviously be more believable as you get to test it out daily. Does it spool like stock or?
It doesn't spool like stock at all. Stock turbo you get a big hit of torque at 3000 rpms and then around 5500 things start to feel numb and the turbo starts running out of breath.
With the GT2554r it's a much more linear power band. Boost and power continue to build all the way to 7,000 rpm redline. You don't get the quick initial burst of torque at low rpms like the stock turbo, but in reality all that did for me was cause wheel spin.

holy mama! love it! Did I miss what tire size / suspension setup you got going on? Also, what exhaust? Love the turn down tip.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #77
holy mama! love it! Did I miss what tire size / suspension setup you got going on? Also, what exhaust? Love the turn down tip.
Thanks Sean! I updated the 1st post on this thread with a full mod list
Wheels: 16x7 et40
Tires: 225/45/16
Suspension: ST Suspension Coilovers

Exhaust is an Injen system; I buffed off the blue burnt tip so that it's all stainless steel now.

Love this build. Can you comment on the ST coilovers and how they affect handling / driveability? Did you get the adjustable or non adjustable ones?

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #79
Love this build. Can you comment on the ST coilovers and how they affect handling / driveability? Did you get the adjustable or non adjustable ones?
Mine are only height adjustable. They provide a much improved ride quality compared to the stock suspension! If you live in a salt state the non-corrosive coating on them is a huge plus as well!

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #80
Mine are only height adjustable. They provide a much improved ride quality compared to the stock suspension! If you live in a salt state the non-corrosive coating on them is a huge plus as well!