Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CA SMOG

I just failed smog due to the silicon intake hose, cross over pipe, and symposer delete. Looking for a mod friendly place within Central CA or someone who has oem parts/willing to swap quickly. CA emissions are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Hello internet. Will you post a place of business that will illegally smog my vehicle cause laws are dumb

Lol

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I just failed smog due to the silicon intake hose, cross over pipe, and symposer delete. Looking for a mod friendly place within Central CA or someone who has oem parts/willing to swap quickly. CA emissions are ridiculous.
Man, that sucks. Just curious: is your intake or cross-over brightly colored? As much I like the looks, they really call attention to themselves, so I stick with black. In any case, I don't know that any shops are mod-friendly per se, but some don't bother to do the visual inspection as long as you aren't throwing any codes and pass the emissions test -- which is the way that it should be!

Good luck

Last edited:

SrsBsns

What did they say about the symposer delete? I figured that one would be hard to spot. I believe that I'm due for my first smog check later this year.

Where in CA are you?

Is visual inspection a thing in CA or you chose a extra nosey shop?

I don't recall ever having my hood opened on any car I was smogging. Just plugging in under the dash and a tailpipe probe.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

This is why I recently bought the Cobb Intake system it’s got a CARB EO and 3 inch crossover pipe. Sold off my crossover pipe and intake tube.

If were still down here though I am sure there would be some places who would just plug you in and read your sensors and call it a day.

Though ya having the COBB really gives me piece of mind plus its got an EO sticker for the dick cops or smog guys.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club

I don't recall ever having my hood opened on any car I was smogging. Just plugging in under the dash and a tailpipe probe.
Visual inspection has been a thing for decades
though some guys don’t really bother withit with newer cars because if you plug it in and it reads all your sensors you pass so what’s to look for attitude.
tailpipe and dyno is not done for cars newer than 2003 .

As for sound symposer if they do visual and it’s not there it’s pretty much obvious somethings been capped off which triggers suspicion, non smog item on
pipe leading to throttle body hmm possible smog tamper.So ya Kazoo removal screams fail me . You can disconnect and leave it in there and they won’t know .

SrsBsns

Visual inspection has been a thing for decades
though some guys don’t really bother withit with newer cars because if you plug it in and it reads all your sensors you pass so what’s to look for attitude.
tailpipe and dyno is not done for cars newer than 2003 .

As for sound symposer if they do visual and it’s not there it’s pretty much obvious somethings been capped off which triggers suspicion, non smog item on
pipe leading to throttle body hmm possible smog tamper.So ya Kazoo removal screams fail me . You can disconnect and leave it in there and they won’t know .
That's probably what I'll do when it's time. Just plug the symposer back in its place so it looks like it's connected.

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #9
Man, that sucks. Just curious: is your intake or cross-over brightly colored? As much I like the looks, they really call attention to themselves, so I stick with black. In any case, I don't know that any shops are mod-friendly per se, but some don't bother to do the visual inspection as long as you aren't throwing any codes and pass the emissions test -- which is the way that it should be!

Good luck
I passed everything else, the cross over and intake hose are all black. I have the st200 box as well. Been looking around for the oem intake hose. I have the rest

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #10

First time doing smog, guess I got unlucky.

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #11
What did they say about the symposer delete? I figured that one would be hard to spot. I believe that I'm due for my first smog check later this year.

Where in CA are you?
They thought I capped off my BPV. They truthfully didn’t seem all that knowledgeable about the car since I have the explain what the sound symposer was 12 times. It literally doesn’t have anything to do with emissions.