Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cable fished through vent

Hey all, I just picked up a magnetic vent mount for my AP. It used to be on the A pillar but I am mounting a boost gauge on that side. I need advice on fishing the OBD2 cable through the right driver’s side vent. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As there is no direct path, your best bet would be to remove the vent door then make a hole in the lower part of the vent tube.
A pull wire could then be fed down, attached to the small end of the AP cable and pulled up.
You may also need to remove the left side of the center consol.

I have never done this; however, it is how I would try it.

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #3
As there is no direct path, your best bet would be to remove the vent door then make a hole in the lower part of the vent tube.
A pull wire could then be fed down, attached to the small end of the AP cable and pulled up.
You may also need to remove the left side of the center consol.

I have never done this; however, it is how I would try it.
Thanks for your suggestion! What would be the best way to plug the hole once the wire is fed?

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #5
You could try a gromet or even just silicone.
Or, why bother, how much AC or heat would be lost?
Good point. I never use those vents. It’s either the windshield or my feet. I might give this a go today.