Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can someone with forscan and a sync 3 car check something for me?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im trying to get my nav working again after replacing a busted antenna base. What im trying to see is if a 2016 fiesta ST with nav has the gps module listed in the main module list. I really dont want to have my car sit at a dealership for weeks if i can get it working myself. And i really dont want the dealership jacking up my interior.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Im trying to get my nav working again after replacing a busted antenna base. What im trying to see is if a 2016 fiesta ST with nav has the gps module listed in the main module list. I really dont want to have my car sit at a dealership for weeks if i can get it working myself. And i really dont want the dealership jacking up my interior.
When I converted to SYNC3 using a donor APIM from a 2016, it came out of a NAV car. I didn’t really care for it, as I did this for the AA functionality, but being anal, I decided to get the Ford navigation working. I did use FORScan, but only to enable the rear view camera. NAV didn’t require any changes; what I did have to do is to go through 3 blue fakra antennas- because the first two weren’t recognized.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I’d offer this up for your consideration.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Hmmm. So maybe there is a connection issue? I am going to try a different antenna base this weekend ( out of a working nav car) to see if it is just my base thats messed up.

My nav screen is somewhat stuck since the swap. It says im sitting in a field an hour from my house. No matter where i drive. Lol. Ive tried the master reset and tried disabling, then re enabling gps with forscan with no change. Is there a sub menu spot to see if the apim can even find the nav antenna woth forscan? Or to re calibrate it?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Hmmm. So maybe there is a connection issue? I am going to try a different antenna base this weekend ( out of a working nav car) to see if it is just my base thats messed up.

My nav screen is somewhat stuck since the swap. It says im sitting in a field an hour from my house. No matter where i drive. Lol. Ive tried the master reset and tried disabling, then re enabling gps with forscan with no change. Is there a sub menu spot to see if the apim can even find the nav antenna woth forscan? Or to re calibrate it?
That’s precisely what I had. Except that the donor car came from Michigan, so no matter where I drove it thought I was in Kalamazoo. I’d suggest getting a couple of different BF antennas. The one that worked for me was a *used* one from eBay that came out off a Fiesta. The other two, despite having the same connector, didn’t work. I guess this thing is rather choosy.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Wild considering this was new in box from tasca. Maybe there is some frequency programming thing we are missing

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Weird. Go figure ford cant even make their own parts right.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Tried the different antenna and same result. I woder if there is a canbus id? Or some way to boot it through the bcm.