Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CandyCorn Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, been lurking and posting off and on for a few months and figured I would post a build thread.
I’ve been around cars for the last 15-20 years and built a few up pretty nice. I had to grow up for a bit due to personal circumstances get a working mans vehicle.

After a few years out of the car game I test drove this 2014 Fiesta ST on a whim and was amazed at the characteristics. I had the day off and it looked sharp. I bought it the next day. It was pretty used, with 110k on the dash and some obvious wear and tear my OCD was freaking out but then I remembered taking that corner at 60mph and hooking the wrap around like it was on rails. I was sold. I started looking into the aftermarket and was surprised at what it could do.
My local scene is plastered with WRXs and big motor V8s, a couple Hellcats even float around.

My plan is at a minimum make it a WRX-killer, and if I can toast a few v8s that would be okay too.

As such,

I did not wait long before tossing parts at it.....

The following parts have been added:
AWR 70a RMM
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Full Intercooler Kit (Gold with Wrinkle Black Pipes)
Mountune Full Intake Kit
Ravenol MT-2 Transmission Fluid
Cobb AP
Pierce Motorsports 4 Point Brace
Pierce Motorsports Torsion Bar
Pierce Motorsports Upper Strut Brace
Pierce Motorsports Trunk Brace
Handbuilt Retrofitted Headlights (Morimoto H1, Bullet Shroud, painted black)
Cobb Exhaust
Whoosh Short Shifter
Mountune Shift Knob (Black)
Team Dynamic 1.2 15x8 with BFG Rivals (Steelies with some winters for the winter use)

Coming Soon:
Coilovers
Turbo
Downlipe

Photos coming shortly! Took a few solid shots today.

To be continued....

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good luck I see Aux. Fuel and a BT in your future!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #3
That is a distant plan I fear unless I can score some killer used deals.

For the moment though, researching the next path is where it is at. So many options now for turbos and fuel, etc.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That is a distant plan I fear unless I can score some killer used deals.

For the moment though, researching the next path is where it is at. So many options now for turbos and fuel, etc.
That's how I got all my stuff....but you must be vigilant and ready to pounce! Money in hand no lolly gagging! Good luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Whereabouts in Maine?

Are there any premium 93 dispensing gas stations up thar, as I cannot ever find any when up that way for NEFR (Bethel/Errol areas, 7/19 & 7/20). [:(]

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #6
I have 93 where I live, all the gas stations have it. We have a big sledding community and most of the sleds are turbo sleds and require the hi-test fuel.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #7
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can install. Test fitting before attaching the final clamps. Going to be a PITA to drain though.
822A9F7C-9AB9-46EB-8C98-94BC88ADFB10.jpg

RallyArmor Mudflaps....because no hatchback is complete without them. EE7C1729-9D6A-4C2F-A992-50C33B51490A.jpg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #13
Photo of intercooler installed. I decided to get the kit with the pipes because I figured why not do it all while I got up on stands. Boy what a headache that was. The stupid hot side to turbo coupler had me hung up for like an hour....the front end must have been in an accident as the drivers side mounting clip was busted right up. Had to JB weld a clip together for mounting. I come to find out I am missing part of my lower aero panel on the drivers so I said the hell with it and didn't bother reinstalling it on the passenger side either. If anyone knows if I can just ditch the lower piece, let me know and I will. All it does is hang there now.
My OCD level on this car is insane....also, some ate some of the weather stripping in the door jam...I am sure of it. Ill post a photo later. Its pretty wild. 0%Bqqj%4Sjerz0ClPBC7eg.jpg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #14
You would know 👍
It did not want to go with too hard, figured the 70a would be better than stock and offer a significant improvement. Not too much NVH and made a decent difference. I am happy with it for now. I plan to get the other 2 mounts upgraded at some point as well.

I replaced everything on the engine and chassis with Powerflex along with a CPE rmm. I’ll find out soon if I need a mouthpiece to keep my fillings from shaking loose [bash]

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #16
I replaced everything on the engine and chassis with Powerflex along with a CPE rmm. I’ll find out soon if I need a mouthpiece to keep my fillings from shaking loose [bash]
Yikes. I dunno if I want it that bad. I'll deal with it if I need too. I already get shaken like a scrambled egg on the roadways anyway. Stock suspension is holding up so far with no leaks....unless they are rusted closed...who knows.

Yikes. I dunno if I want it that bad. I'll deal with it if I need too. I already get shaken like a scrambled egg on the roadways anyway. Stock suspension is holding up so far with no leaks....unless they are rusted closed...who knows.
I also did B8’s with Mountune springs. I’m dumb but not that dumb. 😜

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can install. Test fitting before attaching the final clamps. Going to be a PITA to drain though.
View attachment 20613

RallyArmor Mudflaps....because no hatchback is complete without them. View attachment 20612
This and the bracket breaking was what led me towards the Damond OCC.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #19
This and the bracket breaking was what led me towards the Damond OCC.

I got a deal on this so I went for it. Figured, it was better than nothing.,...though some recent controversy on that statement anyway.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got a deal on this so I went for it. Figured, it was better than nothing.,...though some recent controversy on that statement anyway.
I hope you don't have a thought process at the Red light district in Amsterdam if you if go....hehe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.