Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CandyCorn Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #21
Everyone has their price. 🙄
Joking aside, Pierce bracing arrived today. Haven’t had a chance to inspect it yet, but it was packed well. I got them used so we will see.

More photos coming soon.

Also, I’m now team dizzytuned. I’ll give an update once the time comes, and I have the tune.

Figured I’ll ride the lightning a bit on stock until I can get some funds to go big.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #22
Rear torsion bar in. Went in a bit smoothly. Almost loose like. Even had a rubber mallet I was waiting to use. Wondering if the ends are a wear item as I bought it used? They don’t seem as thick as the photos.... 2091DA91-30B4-4414-8F41-17163883D747.jpeg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #23
Rear trunk brAce is in. Driver side was a pain to get loose. Pretty sure I cross threaded it taking it out and putting it in. Oh well. It’s in there tight anyway.
Next up is the strut bar and 4 point brace. E5356629-28F1-4E23-8F39-85854B983C0F.jpeg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #24
Strut bar is in. Was a bit bent as I got it used, but the mounting points were mailable enough that it went right on. Torque wrench broke have way through the install, so some of those bolts are in pretty tight. Whoops.
Oh well, I am not sure that it made a huge difference or not. I want to say the front does not rock side to side too much now, but I’m not convinced. I think the 4 point brace will make the biggest difference.
A525BF7B-9D62-4151-AAD7-A680868A589B.jpeg

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #25
Pierce Motorsports 4-point is in. Installation was a bit of a hassle. The bar was bent I think slightly causing an alignment issue. I could get 2 bolts to line up at a time. After several hours with ratchet straps to get the bar where I needed it was in.
I think I may have cross threaded the rear bolt on the passenger side though. Who knows. It went in anyway and I torqued it to the 46lbs Whoosh recommended. 113k miles and several winters do not do any favors when it comes to rusting.
I am seriously reconsidering my desire to replace the downpipe and exhaust after seeing the condition they are in.

I am unclear what my next steps will be. I think perhaps rims and tires. Not sure.
3A4D8F79-FC8A-46F5-841A-1FAD9EE26E6A.jpeg

Pierce Motorsports 4-point is in. Installation was a bit of a hassle. The bar was bent I think slightly causing an alignment issue. I could get 2 bolts to line up at a time. After several hours with ratchet straps to get the bar where I needed it was in.
I think I may have cross threaded the rear bolt on the passenger side though. Who knows. It went in anyway and I torqued it to the 46lbs Whoosh recommended. 113k miles and several winters do not do any favors when it comes to rusting.
I am seriously reconsidering my desire to replace the downpipe and exhaust after seeing the condition they are in.

I am unclear what my next steps will be. I think perhaps rims and tires. Not sure.
View attachment 20768
18Racing for Rota wheels 63.4 hub diameter so no rings FYI 🤫

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #35
Which projectors did you end up going with?
I went with Mini H1. The D2S would have been a tight fit back in the housing and in the engine bay. These fit great. I could have extended them a hair more towards the engine bay, but they function great and are leaps and bounds better than the poor excuse for headlights we had before.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #36
Nabbed a Cobb Exhaust. Should have it on the week after next, depending on when it arrives.

Also, am going to need some new tires. I’ve been wearing mine down pretty fast. Stock rims are gouged pretty bad from pot holes so not sure I want to use them next year.

Took the car to an autocross a few weeks back and they probably killed the tires. Lol stock brakes did okay. The bracing helped immensely. Need some Coilovers as my stock ones are junk. So many parts and not enough money. :(

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #37
Cobb exhaust install coming soon. Wait till you see the pile of rust called my exhaust....

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #39
Been going through a phase lately....where the Fiesta seems less fun than it used too. Smaller and even less practical....been at war with myself on going back to stock but not sure if I could handle the stock Fiesta, knowing what it once was without having to sell it in shame....I know it wouldn't look at me the same....a disappointed stare I am sure....a feeling of betrayal.

Talk me out of it....or into it, a part out sale or convince me to buy more parts. I can't decide.

Winter is coming. The risk of those big trucks running me over in the pursuit of their next ego fueled accident is high....at least I resemble a traffic cone, such a vibrant orange....so they may not run over me....unless autocross.

Choices, choices.....I think I have caught the anti-mod bug. What is the cure?

Status
Not open for further replies.