Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car juttering/stuttering after putting my stock turbo back on.

So, my x47r wasn't working on so I put the stock turbo back on. Everything is fine but during idle, the car would jutter/stutter every 15 seconds. Maybe it has something to do with the 14psi Turbosmart wastegate that was installed from the old turbo?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, my x47r wasn't working on so I put the stock turbo back on. Everything is fine but during idle, the car would jutter/stutter every 15 seconds. Maybe it has something to do with the 14psi Turbosmart wastegate that was installed from the old turbo?

Thanks!

Did you change back to stock tune?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #3
Yup, I did. The stuttering is gone I believe, now my problem is that the car is still pushing out white smoke and oil from the exhaust. I think it's residual oil from the broken turbo and it's burning it up and kicking it out. But still scary if it's more serious.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yup, I did. The stuttering is gone I believe, now my problem is that the car is still pushing out white smoke and oil from the exhaust. I think it's residual oil from the broken turbo and it's burning it up and kicking it out. But still scary if it's more serious.
Start it up and let that shit run outside for a bit ....then go on a Test beat!

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #6
White smoke not good. That is headgasket issue. Blue smoke is oil burning.
I mean, the car was fine before I found out the turbo I bought had a bad seal. So I put the stock back in and oil and smoke is still spewing out of the exhaust. I didnt think a turbo swap would cause a gasket issue no?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
White smoke not good. That is headgasket issue. Blue smoke is oil burning.
If his Turbo failed....it can Throw some of that right into the exhaust pipe....causing it to Smoke.

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #8
Start it up and let that shit run outside for a bit ....then go on a Test beat!

Ill definitely give it a tougher run once I get home. I'll update you in 3 days!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I mean, the car was fine before I found out the turbo I bought had a bad seal. So I put the stock back in and oil and smoke is still spewing out of the exhaust. I didnt think a turbo swap would cause a gasket issue no?

Lol obviously, he stated White smoke. White smoke is not burning oil which is why I commented.

If his Turbo failed....it can Throw some of that right into the exhaust pipe....causing it to Smoke.

No it should not but you stated your car was putting out White smoke. When a car has a coolant burning i.e. headgasket issue it puts out White smoke. When it is buring oil it puts a blueish tint smoke. Just trying to help you out here with clarification.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol obviously, he stated White smoke. White smoke is not burning oil which is why I commented.
But what also runs through the center section of the Turbo? Coolant....so it's a possibility when it failed....it got some coolant into the exhaust or it got in during install or removal.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

From your comments, we can guess that the turbo was swapped out under suspicion for being the source of oil and smoke out of the exhaust.

What was your method for determining that the source of the leak was the turbo versus the engine? *Zero* residue in the exhaust headers, upwind of the turbo?